They make me cry.
  • Options
    Thank you, Kevin of SRA.
  • Options
    What made you cry?
  • Options
    Virginia by SRA is a GAME CHANGER
  • Options
    Wow! What is the differences in sound? Pls give details for those of us who cannot hear them!!! Congrats...they must be amazing. SRA has really taken the high-end market by storm over the last couple of years and really taken isolation to a mind-blowingly high level.
  • Options
    What a new way of expression! You got me. Check email.
  • Options
    Hi Raymond,

Did you mean check my email? If so, there was nothing in my inbox or spam file. (Apologies if I misunderstood.) Regards.
  • Options
    I was referring to PT's "crying" statement.
  • Options
    To Lloyd,

I read you writeup a few times before I paid a visit to AE showroom. The only change between my visit and yours is the VIRGINIA board under a pair of Tidal amplifiers driving the mid/high.

There is no ABAB comparison of whatever. But what I found is exactly the opposite of yours. The organic involvement made me feel as though this is a tube based system (at least some of the components have tubes).

The tonality of Hilary Hahn's dolphin violin playing Tchikovisy's violion concerto is incredibly genuine. It freakingly melts me down.

Ray
  • Options
    Hi Ray,

thanks for that...very interesting. on the one hand, we all hear differently and i totally respect your opinion.

on the other hand, i would 100% admit that the Virginia (might) have made the difference...as you will have seen in my post, i was suggest a very minor "edit" to the system of changing 1 power cable...i felt it was that subtle a difference.

I have heard isolation make a big difference in my own system...usually of lower noise floor, more solid sound...not usually sweeter tonality. but it might just have done.

in any event, i am glad to hear you enjoyed it. it was a rare opportunity indeed to hear such a formidable system!!!!!

i have read your other posts and appreciate them...please keep posting!
  • Options
    I revisited this system lately. The improvement over the previous visit, shockingly, is gigantic. The demo of the super ground wire and the application of Wave Kinetic A10-U8 under the active crossover was mind boggling for my wife and myself. The tiny mechanical stress vanishes into the air in exchange for smoother melodic flow. This is a statement system.
  • Options
    By the way, the orange rack that is called the "RTS" is aesthetically striking. I can tell it contribute to the dramatic inflation of harmonic decay upon the placement of the Vekian suite onto it. In the absence of RTS last time, it was a very good solid state show. This time it is so much more engaging sentimentally and enveloping spatially.