Skip to content
Options

Solution for Marvel floor

Marvel,

I saw your system pics many times on the net and local magazine. The gentlemen's opinoin is kind of true. My home use tile floor, the sound never get become right. Tube amp very highly sensitive to vibrations. I put a carpet in the middle, not many improvement.

I give up almost. Try a few amp stand but lose details here and there until Mr.Leung let me try the french wooden board. Problem long time ago solve at once.

Julian

Comments

• Options
    Julian,

Thanks for your advice. I am using Leung's resonators and diffusors, 2 Platinum, 1 Gold, 8 Silver, 2 Basic, countless diffusors. That is something very effective. I am putting a wooden plank of that same company underneath each power amp. The result is: Wow!
  • Options
    My floor issue is partially resolved by putting a wooden board beneath the Neo speaker. This board comes from the same company of those reasonators and diffusors. It is much better than putting spikes plates as the plates only change the \'characteristics\' of the spikes if one views \'spike+plate\' as a system representing the feet of the speaker. The effect of the floor would be be very prominent unless one changes the floor and to some extent, the use of the wooden board can serve the purpose of \'replacing the floor\' and the effect is much more substantial. I heard people suggest to use black marble and imagine if we use black marble as our floor, the resultant sound might be very \'harsh\'.

I will post some photos in the gallery and I would highly recommend users with tile floor or marble floor to try this little trick.

Marvel
  • Options
    I put a wooden shelf which is specifically made for acoustics improvement by Acoustics System underneath my speakers. This helps in preventing the \'floor\' noise from going back into the speaker (thus causing distorting on certain range of frequency spectrum). The concept is the same as using good racks for the gears. It is only that we normally use spikes+spike plates which only provide a mediation between the floor and the speaker.

I use the same wooden shelf on placing some of my components (eg. power amp, CD player) and the result is very positive.

Marvel