Skip to content
Options

DV Audio Lab Refreshing My Life

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mr Breakfast,

If you have not ordered a SRA platform for the Bergmann turntable, I strongly recommend you to do so. I do have one spare if you don't mind using an used but mint one.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

What do you think between bregmann and unisen??Which one is better? You are very rich becasue you experienced both. Could you pls give me some ideas?
  • Options
    Mr Breakfast,
    You may not know how much I go thru in order to save up the money for these exotic turntables...Honestly, I don't think I have fully explored the full potential of the Bergmann turntable when I released it...partly because of space and partly because at that time, my Thales arm was coming and I can setup 2 arms using my Unison...simply too many for me to digest so I chose to release the Bergmann. In hindsight, it sounds very good particularly on symphonies demanding a big holistic sonic picture with lightning transient and dynamic surge. Matching a right cartridge and phono would also be a key. Are you using Shilabe? Again, I have not used this cartridge on Bergmann so I must admit I have seriously undermined its capabilities.

Marvel
  • Options
    Dear Marvel,

my Engish is bad ...I can 't get a clear answer from your post. Please advise me, bregmann better or Unisen??

I think Mr. DV is using Grabrielle. Is that the ultimate turn table for my System?
  • Options
    Mr. Breakfsat,

Gabrielle is ultimate and yourself being another Mr. DV, this is certainly the utlimate goal..Now you have Bergmann and you need to play it well first (and that is exactly the same advice others gave me when I first acquired the Bergmann turntable). I don't have the skills and patience to achieve this. Over to you but my advice would be at least get the SRA platform as this turnable has a lot of 'floating' parts which is very sensitive to external vibrations.

Marvel