Skip to content

Wavac AC-2 - don't try if you want to save money

2»

Comments

• Marvel bro, are you using FMR power to feed the AC2?
  • VR,

Don't waste time on others. I had tried every flagship powercords. The FMR power cord yields the most balance sound.

To Mr.DSo,

I very much admire your relentless effort to tame the Wavac/Cessaro suite. Not sure if you had already ordered the AC-2, do get it as soon as you can because it saves a lot of hassles and the reward is enormouos.

Greetings from Taipei
  • Dso, Yours crazy rack arrived?
  • As the AC2 opens up, the whole dynamic of the system continues to improve. I truly felt the AC2 is a tailor made solution for the PR-T1. The noise floor lowers dramatically after PR-T1 was plugged in last evening. There is no return. Even dynamics have improved tremendously. Without the AC2, the drum sound hollow without control. The moment when the drummers hit the drum, the impact point without AC2 is not focused. The drum skin's vibration sound as though the drum was not properly set up before performance. With AC2, the impact point is focus, the "elasticity" of the drum skin can be felt clearly. When I play a recording with many drums, just imagine, how dramatic will be the improvement. Imagine all the drums lack focus, how will it sound?

I am truly amazed. The greatest buy this year is Wavac AC-2 and Tripoint Troy - no doubts about it.
  • I connected my DV Unison turntable to the AC2 swapping out the Zanden transport for the timebeing because of running out of available sockets in the AC2. I was listening Karl Suske Beethoven violin concerto and before plugging into the aC2, Karl was playing in harmony with the orchestra surrounding him, everything nice and tidy under the Tidal suite of amplification. When I switched to AC2, Karl seemed to have stood up playing distinctively from his background...this may be a bit exaggerated but the z-axis of the virtual soundstage has noticeably extended into the wall making Karl really 'standing out' from the crowd. Again, this exceeds my expectation using AC2 on the turntable although I think it logically makes sense to give the best and most steady power supply to everything that 'moves'. Whilst I cannot afford buying another AC2 for my 5th component, I am sure going forward, I will swap between the Zanden transport and turntable in order to make sure all the components that I am listening to are hooked up with AC2, without which, the life of the music really goes away.

Marvel
  • I felt like " taken drugs" after the Zanden phono mk3 plugged into the AC2. It is certainly not a situation of "OD" but the musicality emerging from the rectification of AC2 made me feel weightless. Not easy to describe the improvement by isolation of frequency responses. The overall improvement is just too neutral and yet dramatic to describe.

Chow, I do 100% agree AC2 and the Tripoint Troy are the greatest buy from AE this year.
  • VR, we echoed your findings in Taipei. We can even listen to the flow of air in between the pianist' finger on the keyboard after the Zanden phono is plugged into AC2.
  • Jeff, have you received the Tron Black Label cables? If yes, can you share a bit more on this?

Thanks.Marvel
  • You have not answered my questions on the ideal power cord for the Wavac AC-2. What is your experience so far?