Skip to content
Options

Eufro landed!

That is it! 6 long damn months of waiting, dreaming and complaining. That's it. That's the end. No speakers get me inch close to the freaking realism of Anna's voice. Everything before the Eufro is coctails of audio deficiencies. This is so damn excited.

Marvel bro, I have no clue why you let go the Eufro. You have the perfect acoustics compliment by Srajan but no guts for the Eufro! This is not you. You should get it.

VR

Comments

• Options
    Dear Audio Exotics customers,

The Eufrodite loudspeaker is the “conclusion” of my loudspeaker design work. It has everything that I could wish for the service of music. I don’t use the word “conclusion” easily. The birth of this masterpiece is neither aimed at market share nor audio trophies because the pursuit of such goals often betrays musical truth. It is meant only for music lovers who understand the essence of music and get closer to the musical event in an emotional way via my speakers. The Eufrodite performs far beyond the traditional “Hi Fi” evaluation parameters. It only does everything right par excellence in musical realism. The integration of timing, control, and timbre purity must be listened yourself to appreciate it in the fullest extent.

The Eufrodite does music without the need to add extra sub woofers or amplifier to work full range. It is always my idea to keep it simple. Thanks for J.Lam’s hard work in promoting the Eufrodite speakers. The success is immediate in the absence of advertisement. I am surprised and delighted to see there are many audiophiles in HK who prioritizes musical essence over other attributes. For those who want a smaller package of the Eufrodite, a smaller version called the Aristotle is already on my design table.

I hereby invite you to listen to a pair of Eufrodite loudspeakers. Please make appointment with Audio Exotics.

Yours sincerely

Tommy Hørning
  • Options
    Tommy,

With due respect, the Eufrodite in AE's showroom is the closest to human voice when I listened to it many times on vocal music. Cannot really come close back in my system on the transparency leading to a close-to-live depiction on the lyra and texture of a human voice. I was scared off by the demand of the Eufrodite on the distance from the rear and side wall which poses limitations to a typical listening area in HK. I am not sure how Voy managed to overcome this but certainly in my case, I have repeatedly discussed with PianoTuner on the viability and our conclusion is that I still might find it prohibitve to explore the true potential of the speaker. Aristotle would be the answer and I am looking forward to audition it when it is ready.

The way you have designed such marvellous speaker and the level of excellence in performance it achieves earn a lot of respect from us in HK.

All the best!
    Marvel
  • Options
    Same feeling here. The Eufrodite is a masterpiece creation. Bravo, Mr.Horning.

Hung
  • Options
    Hello Tommy, the Eufrodite is the best speaker in my 25 years of audio adventure. I have listened too many in my life. I agree, Voy, this is really the one.

• Options
    2 thumbs up! Wholeheartedly agree! Tommy, can you share more about the technical spec of the Eufrodite?
  • Options
    Eufrodite specifications:

Frequency response plus/minus 3 db
    Impedance 3 ohm flat
    Power 30 watt/60 watt
    Efficiency 95 db one watt
    Tweeter 6 db pr octave with 12 khz
    Wideband/midrange acoustically 200 hz and 12 khz
    6 to 12 db pr octave
    Bass/sub bass acoustical under 200 hz 6 db
    pr octave
  • Options
    Drivers used in the Eufrodite

This cone tweeter is better than any of the new fancy styled tweeters such as tweeter made of diamond and titanium. The Horning tweeter is free from the resonances at ultra high frequencies, which is a characteristic of diamond tweeters response over 20 khz. While the resonances occur at the non-audible frequency band as high as 100 khz, it will cause phase shift in the audible range from 10 khz onwards.

The Horning open cone tweeter has a very smooth roll of above 20 khz and completely free from resonances and phase shift under 20 khz. The application of an anti-resonance material to the tweeter sourced from mother-nature in the middle-east has enabled me to achieve uncharted high frequency quality hitherto. The cone tweeter is also far better than any dome tweeter which is handicapped by the big and heavy voice coil that hampers speedy response. Although it does not measure as impressive as other tweeters from the perspective of frequency extension, the horning tweeter can portray much better natural timbre characteristics than any other tweeters. It is a great contribution to the overall state of the art performance of the Eufrodite.

The Horning modified DX55 prolongs the merits of the tweeters to the most important mid-range area. The Lowther driver is responsible for the faithful reproduction of true-to-life human voices and instrumental timbre. The listener feels absolutely “you are there” with the artists on the recordings.

The Horning modified DX55 wideband driver which is powered by a 2.2 tesla magnet. In order to control this magnet is the DX55. A dust cab is applied in the centre to reinforce the strength of the paper voice coil to reduce stress at high passages, which explains the complete absence of shorting behaviour from the DX55, when you used them solely as one full range driver.

The DX55 has very smooth response up to 12kh where it starts rolling off acoustically. Also, there does not exist any filtering coils under 2khz. Through the horning modification it also gains superior musical realism free from any nasal character known from horn speakers either with or without front horns where the addition of the mid-range front horn often limits hinders the development of the soundstage.

Under 200 H, there are a total of eight 8 inch bass drivers working in push pull (compound) mode. Each driver has a 20 gram dynamic mass and working in the push pull fashion gives a superior bass performance over any traditional bass reflex and air chamber working with 8 to15 inch bass drivers. The traditional way is to produce a bass system with very long cone travelling time.

The longer the travel is the slower is the reactions and hence higher distortion and coloration. The less the bass driver has to move back and forth, the higher is the accuracy of low registers. What you get in return is natural bass motion.

The eight push pull working bass drivers are functioning in the patented Horning Hybrid loudspeaker cabinet which loads the drivers perfectly so that they do not have to travel more than +/- 1 mm under high sound pressure. This gives a superior high quality bass performance without compression.
  • Options
    A simple question leads to such serious and detail answer. Salute!
  • Options
    Voy, I cannot replay the quality of von stade recording in my home. What about you? What is your phonostage? In Taiwan, the da vinci phono generates enormous interest lately. We have not listened to this level of musicality at all. It is difficult to explain in words. There is less frequency extension and fewer detalls than Zanden and Tron, but timbre is so real and touchable. You should check it out.