Skip to content
Options

Argento - Standout Room in CES 2007 reported by Soundstage

http://www.soundstage2.com/lasvegas2007/standout_argento.html

The Zero transport and the cost-no-object Heritage DAC, which also won the Component of the Year award in Stereo sound is featured there too. It is by no means an easy task for a relatively new company to beat other big guys in Japan, one of the toughest one in the world.

Don't you notice there are no FLOW power cables around in CES? It is because they were all sold in HK prior CES. Thanks Venice audio for their sales effort.

Jlam Music Nation

Comments

• Options
    I was there at the show yesterday, spent some time in the Argento room, plesantly surprised to see the Orpheus gears. I enjoyed the music from the Argento's set up.

Although there was no Flow power cord in the system playing, there was at least one Flow power cord in the room. Mr. Ulrik Madsen was kind enough to show it to me and explained its new design and features. Without chance to audition it, I could only say the new Flow power cord looks beautiful.

Robert
  • Options
    Robert,

It is not only beautiful cosmetic, the small brother Flow plays music.

Patrick
  • Options
    Robert,

Any more interesting things to report on CES?

Jlam
  • Options
    Jlam,

First of all, this year the high end audio of the CES was located inside the Venetian Hotel instead of the motel-like Alexis Park Hotel for the past years, several displayers I talked to like the more upscale environment, and felt sonic-wise it was better too.

One of the most interesting and memorable experience I remembered was the Ear room: http://www.soundstage2.com/lasvegas2007/standout_ear.html; the source in the system playing was an old Technics 1500 reel-to-reel tape player, the sound from the master tape was amazingly good. In the room there were people praising the tape player and jokingly saying that we had been developing the wrong source media all these time.

Being a happy owner of the Orpheus transport and the SE DAC, it’s too bad that Orpheus was not in the show this year. I was hoping to see the upcoming new amps I read about in this forum. Maybe next year!

I found that in the rooms I was interested in seeing, even though most of them had CD players available, I would estimate 80% of them were playing LPs.

There are only a few system I would like to hear but never did have chance to audition until the CES, one of them was the YG acoustics speakers. I found them sounded like their appearance, very metallic, I was a bit disappointed. Of course, I know that I could not rely reliably from what I heard in a show.

I only had a day to go through the CES, and the show was pretty big, I found I missed quite a bit of rooms afterwards. Unfortunately or fortunately, I did not fall in love with any new gears.

Robert