Skip to content
Options

My personal top picks in 2006!

I am not as analytical as piano tuner. I intend not to compare apples to apples. I never consider price as most probably know. I will just say which components in 06 that arouse my emotions the most!

The 1st prize goes to Horning Eufrodite. A speaker finally does everything right. Everyone who had listened to it wondered how can it be so real. Sorry pal, no words can describe such experience unless you experience yourself. Right? Peter, Marvel, Hung, Jeff, Voy, PT, plus the waiting lists.......

The 2nd prize goes to Argento Flow Master Reference (FMR) for short. There is only one in HK. I got a chance to listen to it for an hour. This cord gives the best timing and rhythmic control that is not possible in other design. It does not have a character of very dynamic, big weight bass, or honey like mid-range. It sounds like there is a superclock inside this powercord! I am a guitar/piano player, my judgment naturally draw these instruments for comparison. Well done, Ulrik!

The 3rd prize goes to the Swiss Cow (Da Vinci Step Up Transformer). With it in chain with the DV arm/cartridge, the realism of violin reproduction is crazily transparent! Most of the products that we carry can reveal all the details of micro-movement such as mouthful movement of vocal, handful movement of violin..... But this DV cow can reveal micro-variation of the TIMBRE! Scary!

The Runners up goes to TRON Syren which depicts dynamic both micro and macro like no other machines in the market. A very close call to the 3rd prize.

Wow! I am happy AE has grown so fast in 06. Thanks for all the support! AE will have many big plans for 07! Stay tune....

J.Lam Music Nation

Comments

• Options
    Okay..... but when taken into the consideration of price/effectiveness, my pick will be:

1. Orpheus One SE DAC
    2. Wavac MD805
    3. Tron Seven/Seven Refrerence Phono Stage
  • Options
    Eufrodite by Horning got my vote!
  • Options
    Well, in 2006, I have got the following from AE:
    1. Baldur 300 special edition power amp
    2. Eklipse preamp
    3. Zanden passive preamp
    4. Zanden super clock upgrade
    5. Syren all silver preamp
    6. Heritage DAC

My top pick would be 'Swiss Candy' SACd Reference Player!!

...sorry...joking...

Seriously, my top pick is (2) Zanden superclock upgrade.

Marvel
  • Options
    My vote goes to Heritage but I have no money to buy. The Eason Chan experience is unforgettable.

Ju
  • Options
    Zanden superclock is the one!
  • Options
    My choice is Tron Syren, Raven 3-motor, and the long time waiting Heritage dac.

Jeff
  • Options
    Eufrodite.

easy choice for me.
  • Options
    I am a poor fellow. My top pick is Tron Seven Reference phono. My friend using the swiss golden phono compare with it last night, didn't say a word. When he ask me how much, he mouth wide opened.
  • Options
    Merry Xmas!

The argento smr digital se cable surprised me the most in 06! My top pick is a cable.