Skip to content
Options

Stereophile reviewed Zanden 2000/5000sig

Zanden 5000 Mk.IV/Signature D/A converter
& 2000 Premium CD transport
http://stereophile.com/cdplayers/1106zanden/

Comments

• Options
    I surely trust Mic's verdict than the numerical reports by John.

I got my set last Friday. The Zanden is phenomenoal on almost all orchestral recordings in my library. Damn the superclock thing, my mind is all empty but music.

The waiting time is painful. My mind can rest in piece now.
  • Options
    Voy,

Welcome to the Zanden club! How would you compare the Zanden combo with the vinyl system that you have, especially on opera type of music. Still far apart? I want and plan to move on to LP in 2007 and I have listened to the setup in PT's system which I think Zanden is already superb among all other digital source that I have tried even compared to PT's wonderful LP system.

I am still waiting patiently for the reference preamp by the same German tank maker. I can endure the pain of waiting and over the past many years, I always benefited from this period of 'waiting' where I can research even more (implying ;that my pre-acquisition study is not enough) about the product and discuss more about the future setup, cable matching, etc. Mixed with fun though.

By the way, what do you know about Shindo and Kondo products especially on their preamps, M77, Petrus and Giscours?

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel bro, merry xmas! My mood changes for the better after Zanden landed. Have you read Mic's review on Zanden? I agree every points he said about digital sources of various sorts but only Yamada san got it right! I got no damn chance to appreciate the Heritage. It seems Srajan implicitly endorses the merits of this super dac.

I am no deep pocket like you. I got no experiences on Kondo and Shindo. I was a swiss candy guy, don't you remember? The Kondo name is big. I listened to their keiro amp, pretty good. It plays music with a superlative element, hard to describe in words. The Shindo is rare thing, not too popular in this part of the world. I read about it on 6moons. One of my friends listened to a full Shindo system with Petrus in the chain, and he commented to me he rather choose to die with the music than a playboy covergirl. He was a Kondo fan once.

The raven is one good hell of a turntable. That bigpiece dude in Shanghai must have some real sexy orgies with the raven sound.

Marvel bro, no matter where I play the Von Stade recording, none of the mega setup could approach what I listened in AE showroom. The raven and the dv arm must be damn damn good. Have you heard better?

VR
  • Options
    Voy, I could not replay the von stade recording as good as AE showroom. But I use the same speakers!

Anyone get help?

Hung
  • Options
    Voy,

Zanden combo must also be regarded as a system separated into 4 chasis (2 power supplies and 2 main units). Heritage DAC has its leading edge in terms of accuracy and resolution, using Heritage, I can easily be positioned like viewing a music being played in a close distance. With Zanden combo, I feel I am drawn INTO the music and placed within it...it is a kind of being 'engulfed' feeling which I am short of words to describe.

My experience on LP is minimal and the setup in AE showroom is one of a kind which redefines to me what LP should sound like. It is a kind of 'like life' immediacy when listening to vocal. My stance in setting up LP system: better be late than never. Ha ha ....

Professor Hung, I guess it is the room tweaking that matters as you can see in AE's showroom, it is heavily armed with resonators and diffusors, surely it is by no accident that they are there and so placed.

Marvel
  • Options
    It is not easy to understand those resonators. I am only a half believer of those things. Hardwares play a bigger role than those.
  • Options
    Marvel bro, what is the swiss cow about about? Jlam rarely posts pics on this forum. How do you like the sound of the swiss compare to Zanden 1200 phono?