Skip to content
Options

AAS Gabriel

Just read the whole Da Vinci Gabriel system won the Golden Ear Award from the Absolute sound. I don't give a damn to these reviewers but my memories recollect very scant European names taken this position b4. A brief listening of the Unison awhile back revealed the bar of standard is high. If Gabriel is the extreme, then I have no time to lose. Life is just too short. Isn't it? There are too much bullshits in this industry from top to bottom.

It's too bad that Mr.DV's speakers are not really make for the DV blood. I doubt how much of the potential of the Gabriel is put behind the curtain. I'm ready for the Gabriel, because after the FMR/Tripoint, there are not too much groundbreaking stuff coming.

J, don't sell me the super expensive dac. If I were to spend EUR50,000, the Gabriel is the only choice. I am thru with the Kuzma - quite good on big symphonies, but really sucks in timbre resolution and micro-details. The Raven has too much emphasis on the lower mid-range. The size of the Cello always become double bass. Sizing up the violin get me real sick. Thanks to the Tripoint, it clears all the damn dirt and let me understand the tricks behind. There are no more fxxking lies and excuses. Those who cannot accept the truth, be God with you.

The Bergman is good, neutral, dynamic, fast, accurate pitch of bass, clean soundstage, very good extension of the high, simple to use, trouble free. Other than the mid-range, I am quite contended with this turntable. The tripoint cleaned up the noises of the motor and let me listen deep through into the z axis of the soundspace. The ground noises from the motor is huge. It messes up the mid-range. Still, this is a turntable for the beginner, just not sophiscated enough for the Sunray.

Any Gabriel users can drop me a few lines? What if the Gabriel system were to mate with Tidal Preos? Am I off axis? Am I insane?

Raymond

Comments

• Options
    Forgot the review.

Nothings worry about AAS Gabriel, the handsom looking is additional, the extreme is for playing Art.

• Options
    Hello big brother ray, why the F word again? Are you running out of exotic stuff to hang around? The Raven is not so bad but Bergman is better. I like it play like a playstation, simple and easy. The Berg throws a huge soundstage on my beloved Algame. The bass is very well done, pitch perfect, fast and airy.

I should be the one using the F word as my Tripoint is still producing in another planet. The Gabriel is an art - difficult to prove it wrong.
  • Options
    Ray, you are good. After reading your advice, I connected a ground wire from the Tripoint to the motor of the Bergman. Wow, it cleans up a lot of dirt from the mid-range. Thanks for the advice.