Skip to content
Options

The Sun Ray Generation

Comments

• Options
    After the FMR is plugged into the IMPACT amplifier, a whole array of tonal shades in the mid range and lower mid range that wasn't there before will be unveiled. The whole musical passage just flows. There is no noticeable outburst of energy in any frequency. The mid-range actually integrates even better with the lower mid-range.

• Options
    究竟"太陽光線"咩料? 點解冇人講?
  • Options
    Where is Alecy?
  • Options
    PT, how's your Sunray experience so far?
  • Options
    我不怕太陽光, 因為我定買唔起!
  • Options
    Raymond, I need more time. I am now in uncharted territory, can't really comment what is good and what is bad.
  • Options
    PT, treat the ceiling because the interaction between the speaker and the ceiling is probably stronger now than your previous setup.

Are you shocked by the Sunray? It takes some time to get used to the "uncharted" area. Not until you connect a vinyl source, you have no idea of its capability. That's why I got to get the Gabriel. I know you had taken the bite too.
  • Options
    Raymond,

Have you placed an order for the Presencio. This, together with Gabriel and Sunray, will complete the definitive audio frontier that offers resolution and presence at the molecular level.

Be the product champion in HK and uplift us from a world that has lost away.

• Options
    Marvel will get my Impact Stereo amp in September. It looks like he can't wait until retirement to get Sunray.
  • Options
    Jeff, as you know, my curiosity to try a whole suite of Tidal never stops...the Impact would enable me to be one step closer but I realise the last step would be the most difficult one....this is the 'biggest' project for me but certainly I would enjoy swapping between IMpact and 805 to run with Cessaro....
    Marvel
  • Options
    有冇大哥聽過太陽光線? 點解完全冇報告?
  • Options
    I woud love to read more about the Sunray even I can't afford it!
  • Options
    It is not easy to write about the Sunray. Please give me some more time. Actually, it is better for you guys to come over and preferrably bring along your source component. The Sunray is just a messenger. You can only color it with your source. The truth can be beautiful and ugly at the same time. But I don't see why closer distance to the artist is a bad thing. There is definitely room for imagination - at least you will wonder what you had been doing in your audio life all thru the years. There is no right or wrong here because musicality is a subjective matter.

That said, there are always some objective criteria that must be met. Given the level of playing standard in this community is high, there must be some taller orders to justify the price tag of the Sunray. This is the difficult part for me to write about because you just need to experience it. Better to listen at least 2 hours with your own source, and then come back again in another week, and listen again, then everything will be as clear as sky. I don't want to do too much talking.

As Mr.DV had already commented, it is not about solid state versus triode. It is all about the room acoustics, synergies amongst cables/power bars etc. One can be confused easily. In my case, I had been spending a lot of time and money on testing various tubes on the Da Vinci System to get the most balance sound within my comprehension. I moved on to add super tweeter, then bi-wire, then tri-wire, then....... That was fun and rewarding.

Now, everything is all set. Your job is to bring the best out of it. But how? Gone are the options of changing tubes (unless your source has tube output). Certainly, one can try different cables. That leaves me no choice but room acoustics.

But there is no booming at all even if I set the bass gain to +1. Subsequently, I changed to FLAT BASS. There is zero booming. Everything is presented as one picture. I repeat - ONE SINGLE PICTURE where you neither cannot separate bass from the mid-range nor trebel from the mid-range. Everything is blended together as one piece. The bass comes from nowhere. It seems come from an invisisble air wall at the back, very fast and clean with tremendous details.

But that is not enough. I know, that is not enough. The Tripoint is not here yet, and so the quality will not satisfy guys like DSo/Alecy. Then, I need to work more on room acoustics. I just added a cloud on the ceiling which made a dramatic improvement. (Thanks Ray's suggestion again given the closer interaction of the Sunray with the Ceiling).

I need to work on the backwall. I also need to work on the right hand wall where the wooden cabinets are located.

To be continued....
  • Options
    I was touched by the music playing through Sunray last evening after almost another month of non-stop burn in and refixation of room acoustics. That's the first time I truly feel something. To make it easier to follow, the reproduction quality/accuracy/liveliness of Eason Chan that I listened extensively has surpassed what you guys heard previously. There is a lot lot lot more to be explored.
  • Options
    今午去了聽Sunray, 聽了一小時, 真係好靚好靚, 不是胆也不是石, 間房treat得好好. 我唔知點形容好, 係一個感受, 十分難得的感受