Skip to content
Options

Marvel bro, how's your bat?

I have not read further report on the silver bat from you. Is the bat sill living in your cave? I'd love to listen more of your comments on the rich bat. The poor bat isn't so bad. You got to mate it with the right amp. Not sure abt the german tank, but I know the cantata always sings. Simple logic. If voy gets it right, you should get it more right.

I saw someone got the eufro sooner than me again. Whats the inside story? Why you are not getting the eufro?

VR

Comments

• Options
    HI, Voy,

You have been quiet for quite some time. You must be pretty busy. Me too.

When you say your Batman isn't so bad, it rings my bell that you might have found something not as perferct, can you share more. The full blown version continues to serve my musical objectives extremely well. I have no complaint but at the same time, swapping back Karan would not render me any feeling of stepping backward or lesser enjoyment. It is really the different approaches that these 2 preamps have taken towards managing this preamplification stage. One is leaning towards a more genuine revelation of the flow of the musical notes in a coherent and dynamic way and the other is more inclined to building the fundamental structure of the musical stage whilst preserving to its best effort the total energy and transparency. In both cases, the outflow of each groups of musical notes is contiguous and coherent and the sense of speed rides only in the domain of rhythm but not in the expense of cutting off the harmonic tails and tonality.

The evaluation is particularly difficult for me as I couldn't find another tube preamp sitting side by side. Some said Silver Batman is better than M10 or M8, I would only believe if I have a chance to have them sitting side by side with Silver batman. I cannot foresee such being possible in the near future. But what is possible is I am going to get another crazy true balanced tube preamp from AE that would mate perfectly with the German tank...Voy, you are not in the belief of German Tank so I presume you won't be interested to learn more about this, yet another, exclusive and exotic preamp that AE is about to launch. Will any of my current preamp go, certainly yes because of $$, which one would it be...Ever since the era of Vitus, the question of which one is to stay comes back to me once in a few months and there is no obvious clear choice and no brain answer as there are really top notch gears to me.

In this digital age and in the arena of digital source, would you believe the ancestor would perform more music than the predecessor? I have a recent experience on the Swiss candy and last week I bought an used transport '++' half purposedly experimenting how it sounds like. What a pleasant surprise! Although the transparency is not top notch, I could hear music coming out more naturally and more lingering harmonics floating in the sea of ambience. It is a learning experience for me. The current hype of resolution does not really offer a total package in terms of resolution in the domain of tonality and coherence. In fact, many take the meaning of resolution as clear separation of high-mid-low frequency and often overlook that resolution should allow a clearer depiction on the coherence between the notes without which we are hearing individual notes without articulation through the skills and passion of the performer.

Marvel

• Options
    some photos
  • Options
    Marvel,

Very cool! I like the silver bat very much. The wire scheme look svery neat. What about the Karan linestage?

You are saying both are very good. But Voy seems to say you better match with the cantata 300b. Will you build another system with horn or some sort of high efficiency speakers?

I am young and naive in this high efficiency camp. But I feel there is much more music in this camp than the "mainstream" now. I wonder why technology improvement brings us less music. I do not subscribe the notion that it is a relative observation. I feel the high efficeincy camp produces more music, and my mainstream produces very nice sound.

I dont mean nice sound has no music. I reach music via the nice sound. The nice sound attracts me to listen more music. But the other camp, there is not a media, a direct connection between me and the music. Hard to describe but tha's what I feel when I listened to the eufro at pt home.

Klau's desscription is very true. I cannot find any very attractive frequency with the horning, very balance, very airy, and there is so much timbre to appreciate.

When I go back to my avalon, everyhing is clear, more extension, but I feel most timbre color is white. I can use some honey sound cable to fool myself to make it less white. Timbre requires the most resolution power of speaker driver.

Coherence is also difficult. I thought mine sound quite coherent, compare after the full range, the broken lines become apparent.

I am still happy with my mainstream but one day I will move into that camp for sure. As PT says, the more you demand music, the more you understand, this camp is unavoidable.

Ju
  • Options
    marvel bro, you sound like a vinyl guy. Good, you have improved. The old bird sings better than the new bird. Pardon, how much is the new bird? Are you enjoying more music with the old bird than the brand new swiss candy? Let the new generation enjoy as much as spatial resolution and frequency extension. Poor voy simply got no intelligency to appreciate music in that aspect. Why should sensational sound cost more than real music? Shouldn't the logic be the other way round?

Thanks for cheering me up. One lost soul has awakened. I don't care what kind of german tank or bomber will be, at the end of the day, can you appreciate the music? Are you drawn by the emotions of the musicians? Or you are more drawn by some heightened sound effects. Probably both sometimes. It takes a long road to get rid of the second part. When you are there, you wonder what had you been doing in the past. Some may chosen never reach that state. Walking circles can be fun at times for the deep pockets out there. Money is one critera in this hobby, and taste is another. The trouble is they are often not related but most people think it is.

VR
  • Options
    Hi guys, good topic to discuss again. Marvel, can you share some more details of the silver syren? Your comment of the old candy versus new candy is provocative. I admire true words.

Kingston