Skip to content
Options

The Eufrodite speaker

My first sharing of this fantastic speaker. I listened to this speaker many months ago in Hong Kong and I liked it. I have a new feeling of transparency. It is not about seeing every small countable details clear like cermaic based speaker like Avalon and Kharma. It is about the correctness of timbre. The tone of vocal and instrument are so beautifully revealed with a natural silence and air inbetween the notes even in the bass. I read a Chinese article here by Mr.Klau. He seem to feel the air in the bass area too. My old ears still ok.

I had lowther experiences many years ago. This driver perform badly as a full range. The lowther is a colorated driver, a point no one wlll not say no when apply as a full range driver. The thinness of the papercone cannot produce bass. The heavy magnet behind the driver cannot produce delicate high. Lowther driver just sounded strange all the time.

But what the eufrodite stuck me is the designer cut the colorated part of the driver but blend it so well with the trebel and the 4 isobraic bass driver smoothly. Playing LP show the transparency of the speaker even more. Female vocal is freakingly onto my skin in some of old Ella recordings.

The eufrodite is not easy to drive to full potential. My ongaku is ok. I borrorwed a pair of Wavac 805 monoblock 55w pure class A with two Argento smr powercords. The results are very good. The eufrodite likes big power!

I am waiting for Jeff's return from the US. He will be shocked. I wonder how does it sound with the syren. But who got a pair of cantata in Taipei?

Prof.Hung

Comments

• Options
    Hung, Marvel, how are you? I had been very busy for some business in the US. It is so good to be at home again.

Hung, I will meet you later this week.

Marvel, any new stuff, what is going on?

Jeff
  • Options
    Hi, Jeff,

Good to hear from you.

I am still playing the game of swapping between Karan preamp and Syren preamp. To my ears, they are both near perfect and save the least, I cannot come to a definite conclusion on which one is better than the other. One can make fine tunings on the overall performance by adding some tweakings, cable matching etc but I think both of them have done all the fundamentals right: tonality, timbre, soundstage, dynamics...I am more on chamber music or vocals so my own preference is Syren leveraging its ultimate transparency but when I use Karan, I enjoy the orchestral climax big time!

marvel
  • Options
    Can Eufrodite users share their experiences wiith me? I am using the ongaku to drive them. I feel the control is not adequate. What amps are you guys using?

Hung