Skip to content
Options

trip to HK

I am going to Taiwan and then Hong Kong next week, among other things, hoping to check out the latest from AE, that would be exciting.

Also thinking about picking up CDs over there, I would appreciate inputs and recommendation for any good Chinese pop CDs? My wife likes old Jacky Cheung's CDs, not sure about the new ones. I read about Eason Chan(?) live here a few times, is that a good one?

Thanks in advance!!

Robert

Comments

• Options
    Robert,

When will you arrive?

PT
  • Options
    I am leaving for Taipei on next Monday, plan to be in HK on Friday, and will stay till Sunday.

Robert
  • Options
    Robert,

Thanks for the dinner and also the opportunity to let me try the Vitus power cord which I find very good. Compared to the Argento power cord, I believe it is not exactly what the HK local magazine has described, indeed, it is just the opposite. I find the Vitus is comparatively more 'thick' and less transparent. The writer in the local magazine may have got it wrong or his recollection of the performance of the Argento cable was based on another system or pure imagination. Anyway, this is a view (whether laymen or professional) that has added a lot of fun during that night when we did our ABAB comparison.

Look forward to meeting you again.

Marvel
  • Options
    Thank you for a enjoyable evening chatting and listening to music.

Your system is one of the most balanced sounding one I have listened to, I was very impressed by its deep sound stage, precise imaging, wealth of spatial information, and its tremendous resolution. Your speakers simply disappeared in music playing.

If I am to pick a bone from an egg, knowing that I am less experienced than you and most others here, I would like a bit more woodiness on classical music out of your system for my taste. I know that you will be adding more wood platforms under your amps, I think that may well do the trick.

Re Vitus power cord, I agree that compare to your top of the line Argento, it seemed to be colored.

I look forward to seeing you again too. I also hope you and others will visit me in LA soon.

Robert