Skip to content
Options

New Toy

Have eaited for about half year - finally arrived today - my pairs od small horning

Comments

• Options
    Great look - Indian Apple tree finish
  • Options
    Great finish, one question - dear c hings and high hands, do you know what is the "resistor" at the binding post for?
  • Options
    Glad to see this eventually landed to your system!! Please quickly connect them up although I don't have any clue on what this 'external circuitry' means?!!

• Options
    The economy is sluggish so even poor man like me need to spend to help - new toy DaVinci tonearm and cartridge:
  • Options
    setup completed professional by experienced AE sefu
  • Options
    Smallpotato,

Please report what is the sound like using this DV combo? Your system requires a preamp to ensure no loss on the dynamics and bass control which may now become a major obstacle for you to enjoy this wonderful piece of art from DV.

The sensitivity of the arm is much higher and therefore it would pick up a lot of noise alongside with the signal, therefore it is important for you to make sure vibration control and the quality of the signal transmission (ie interconnects) are of comparable quality in order not to undermine the power of this TT....

I am glad for you to have taken this step in upgrading your vinyl source and you should enrich your software collection to maximise the utilisation of it.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel bro, your advice is always my prescription and with PT's help another new toy arrived - PRX2 and it matches with my 300B perfectly.
  • Options
    PRX2 in action
  • Options
    another one
  • Options
    Smallpotato,

Haven't visited you for quite some time, I guess we need to arrange one home visit...I expect the bass control and dynamic should be enormously enhanced with a 'real' preamp coming into your system. I am very excited to here your new DV arm and cartridge with all these...should be a few leagues up....

Marvel