Skip to content
Options

Trubute to Mr.Ulrik Madsen who created the FMR

Comments

• Options
    Dear all,

I am about to order the medal for Mr.Ulrik Madsen. If anyone of you want to change your mind and don't want your name on the medal, please report. Again, the action here is to show gratitude, not any hype or any sensational experience that comes and goes fast.

Ray
  • Options
    If it is not too late to add my name, please do so. Absolutely mind boggling - I'd never expect cable technology reaches the current state achieve by FMR.
  • Options
    Please also add my name to it.
    The FMR has everything I had always wished for. It is so convincing that leaves no room for A-B / blind test comparison.

• Options
    How is your Tidal suite doing? Through the Tidal suite, you will understand a lot more of everything (including your goodself) and sometimes may even wonder what had you been doing all these years with hi end audio.

Are you having a better balance on CD now because of FMR but lesser weight and body on the vinyl side?

• Options
    Bigpiece, your FMR spk cable just landed today.

PTsang, your custom made FMR ic XLR to RCA should arrive later this week or early next week.

Raymond, on behalf of Argento, I am truly thankful of your gratitude and passion shown by presenting Mr.Ulrik Madsen a medal of honor.
  • Options
    Raymond,

With further tweaking of the room and re-positioning of the speaker, I can finally sit back to enjoy the music. The days of endless upgrades to keep the adrenaline flowing is finally over.

The Tidal +FMR suite is a match in heaven. Music is absolutely revealing without a hint of solid state harshness. I am also pleasantly suprise by the abundance of symphonic ambience that keeps the music afloat with beloved freedom. The word "beloved" is chosen carefully as not to confuse with uncontrolled wildness, if you kow what I mean.

As you have correctly pointed out, I have been listening mostly through the Zanden digital source lately as that is where the FMR chain resides. The vinyl section is still being fed by Flow and the difference is . . . just about as big as Nazareth traversing between life and death. The Flow is still amazingly good all in all but somehow lacks the final blessing as one would immediately appreciate the minute the FMR sings.

• Options
    That's easy. Just swap from Flow to FMR. What did you do to treat your room?
  • Options
    Replacing the Flow with FMR is definitely in the cuff - but I need to first ascertain if the static noise that comes off the vinyl section (thru Preos Phono section) is a result of the unshielded design of Flow & FMR. I will try that out tonight as I had been away from quite a few days.

The room treatment is so simple but absolutely worth spending the effort. It is a combination of playing with the curtains, windows and doors just so to release the excessive energy that previously got trapped and resonate within my small listening room. My room has a total of 13 doors and 19 windows so you can imagine the realm of possibility and hazzle.

• Options
    I don't have this problem when I use FMR on the Bergman turntable. Try first. Do you have any shielded cable?
  • Options
    I still have the earlier version of SMR which is shielded. I speculate the Zanden phono has no such issue due to the built-in subsonic filter.

• Options
    Have you listened to the Tripoint? I suspect this is another out-of-this-world device. I really cannot wait for another month. I have decided to pay my virgin visit to PT to find out more.
  • Options
    Do share your experience after the visit. I am inclined to think that the Tripoint is the solution to the last remaining bottleneck of the system, i.e. ground noise.

When Jorn is in in town to set up the SunRay, I will most probably take a day off to witness the set up without the pain of spending the $$$. Ha!
  • Options
    hey, you do need a few SRAs and the Kyoto to really bring down the noise level
  • Options
    VoyR,

The SRA and Kyoto addressed different form of noises from that of Troy. I have briefly auditioned the SRA and it definitely changed the sound of music but it is inconclusive, based on my naive perception, that it has aboslute reign over similar products. Kyoto is great but I couldn't have accomodated it without breaking my back.

Troy is a different ball game that is unique in its class - but I dare not visit PT for sure of its fatal attraction.

• Options
    The Troy is definitely interesting and sure will be groundbreaking judging from the words of PT.

But SRA belongs to the Royce class in the domain of eliminating mechanical vibration. Nothing ever comes close. I have tested those from HRS, FE master reference, and some more exotic brands - none of them process the neutrality that SRA processes. If you are love Tidal, SRA belongs to the same genre. Of course, the Tripoint deals with the facts and SRA deals with next problem after the facts. In terms of priority, the Tripoint should carry more weight.

The FE master reference is a good rack. It sounds spacious, open at the top end but lack control in the lower mid-bass. It is very easy to test, put Ray's impact amp on the floor, and the control of lower mid-bass comes back immediately though you will have a tad less air. But forget those air for the time being, don't fall into the trap of setting the overall balance by using air at the top end as the starting point to build your system. It should start with the bottom because bass is the foundation. Your Tidal suite should allow you to listen to the weakness in this part.

The HRS sounds dead quiet but over-damps the top end. All other wood racks are really compensators. I am owner of Sunray, and with the speakers like ConDia/PiaDia, the problems of the rack is clearly audible. You will learn about this over time. You definitely need a better rack than FE.

Uncle Ray will have more lectures for me if I continue....