Skip to content

Looking for Mr. Da Vinci

mr.dv, have you received the field coil Virtu speakers? Do you mind if I can pay you a visit? The Da Vinci gabriel turntable is really a piece of art. The musicality is unique.

Comments

• Hello Jackie,

Very attractive Ferrari AAS Gabriel! Virtù not yet arrive........but not far.
  • I am very excited about this pair of field coil Virtu speakers. Being a big fan of Da Vinci (though only the DV arm and cartridge are affordable to this poor old man), I am also excited for AE as the arrival of the last Majestic power supply will complete the last puzzle of the full Da Vinci phono system. I am not sure where in the world can we listen to a complete DV phono setup with full majestic power supply for both the phono and the driver. This will be extremely crazy. With the FMR in the analog chain, I can't imagine anymore.... I am not afraid of visiting AE next week as I am sure I can't afford this.....
  • Has the last majestic power supply for the driver arrived? I am very keen to listen to a flagship phono config by DV.
  • Why no one mentions the additon of the 2nd majestic power supply?
  • Puyi,

I was extremely busy last week. I didn't have enough quality time to appreciate the final completion of the DV phono system. This is the best of the best combination now with two MPS. The majestic power supply is crazy stuff. Take a look inside. This is just the power supply section for the driver stage of the phono!

Allow it to settle for some time. Come to listen with your favorite records.

PT
  • Can I pay you a visit this weekend?
  • 奧菲之神已去. . . . 殘念!

昨夜連同Samson Francois燦爛得像鮮花燦放的黃金音色也跟隨離去, 僅剩下淡淡然而獨高的情懷. . . . . 殘念中的殘念!
  • I suddenly ve an impression after wrote this Chinese sentence, since the Da Vinci amp come with me and include other great stuff(Orpheus, Tango, EE. . . ), the music become so close to me in the past years, my demand on music become larger and deeper. Sometime I felt the music join into my blood and brain(Actually, this is kind of bothering). I m looking forward how the Virtu present music. And wish all of you enjoy your live and music.
  • What about getting a Zanden CD 2500 player?
  • If I can only live with one and only one system in the world, I will close my eye and pick Da Vinci. The flagship config of the phono system cabled by FMR reach a level I never imagine can audio system could achieve. I was listening to my own LP record brought along

My curiosity led me to ask PT to take away the FMR from the Da Vinci phono and listen again to see if all the hype justifies. I can only bear maybe 30 seconds without it, and ask PT to reconnected the FMR again. The freedom of musical flow, colors, transients are all back with relaxation and articulation at the same time.

Sometimes, it is really strange that my listening area is much bigger than there. Frankly, there are too many physical imbalances but I really find that system is much better than me, well, actually blow mine completely away. FMR, SRA boards and craze rack, Kyoto really make the difference. Of course, the ultimate DV phono system is just beautiful, too beautiful.

My intention was to listen to the DV phono system, ended up ordering a pair of FMR.
  • Marvel, what power cable you are using with the Unison?
  • Puyi,

Unison will arrive next week. At this point, I may use an OR. What do you reckon better matching with it? I aim to use OR because DV cartridge and tonearm, as a combo, give me a feeling of a stronger focus on the midrange, OR may be able to stretch the two ends a little bit....again, this is just base on a very partial DV setup and needs to be verified when Unison arrives...better ask Mr. DV on his view using Gabriel.... Mr. DV, answer the call please....