Skip to content
Options

Killing Glass Vibrations

I think these stuff are damn damn damn damn effective killing glass vibrations. You just don't damn know how bad are those even though they are covered by thick thick thick curtain. They are just amazing.

Charles, did you kill the damn rear glass window of yours? Come on, other AE fellows, please share your experiences.

Comments

• Options
    Got one this afternoon as PT took the last one from his home to mine. He was robbed by some other AE fellows on this and could only save the last one for me. Of course this is a very effective vibration absortion means for my favourite glass room. Fantastic! Will describe more tomorrow with a photo....

Marvel
  • Options
    can you elaborate more? You have too many glass windows over there..
  • Options
    marvel bro, can you share a few more words?
  • Options
    They are extremely helpful! I wish they "were" available much sooner. Once the vibration of the glass calms down, it is a whole new world.
  • Options
    My listening room is surrounded with glass! Can someone let me know how it works? And maybe post a photo?
  • Options
    If anyone is familiar with my setup, I have a big array of glass windows in front of me consisting of 6 windows all together. I put one small 'wizard' on the lower right window and almost instantaneously I felt the transparency of the mid to mid low becomes higher, I can here are ambience and harmonic details on vocals, strings especially cello. All of a sudden my right channel sounds like a man recovered fully from a heavy cold...much clearer throat.....I am hoping to put a few more 'wizards' in the window array and the glass doors on my right hand side.

This morning I experimented to move the wizard to the left hand side, the result is pretty predictable...instruments on the left hand side stands out from the rest of the whole orchestra with clearer profile and contours.

Marvel
  • Options
    Katongkid,

It is a small transparent bead similar to the size of a coin. You will be shocked by the improvement.
  • Options
    Having received the Kyoto Bar, I asked PT not to surprise me again before CNY. Of course he did not listen and pass me 3 coin size glass beads, I already used wooden curtains and noise filters to treat the windows in my living room and therefore didn't expect a great improvement from this new toy. After taping these small beads to the windows and pressing the play button of the Zanden, damned! I was forced to make another unconditional surrender to PT again.

The soundstage is much darker and more 3D, I can hear much much more details inside it. The top end becomes smoother especially from the strings. Without these glass killers, you won't know how serious the noises coming from the vibration of our glass windows. Now I have to call PT everyday to check the arrival of next batch and snatch more before Charles or Marvel does.
  • Options
    究竟幾時有貨?
  • Options
    發哥, i could lent mine for your trail.
  • Options
    I had a feel there are 1-2db increase after use on the glass window behind my seat. Sound less noise, less reflection and so transparency, specially on the high pitch note.
  • Options
    They will arrive this week. The whole world is waiting for them!