Skip to content
Options

12AU7 for PRT1

I started tube rolling for the PRT1 last night by installing a spare pair of TFK ECC82 ribbed plate at the gain stage. The result was out of my expectation, though I used them before in other systems. I am going to try Valvo long plate at the buffer. Any advice/sharing from other PRT1 users?

Bigpiece

Comments

• Options
    Isn't Telefunker sound a bit glassy? How's the bass with TF? Valvo is great on vocal. My T1 is stuffed with Amprex and Valvo.
  • Options
    Even the TFK 802 also not suitable to the PR-T1, piano sound incorrect since the speed too fast.
    Right now my setting are pair of stock tube(gold dragon) and pair of Valvo long plate, the balance between dynamic and elegant just my cup of tea.
  • Options
    Just bought a pair GD 12AU7 goldpin for the PR-T1.
    happy listening now.
  • Options
    How does the new tubes change the overall balance? Remember always focus on overall balance, never never focus on certain frequency range.
  • Options
    Raymond Hing, you're right. I just replaced the original gold dragon 12AU7 to goldpin version, the overall performance is O.K. I tried over 10 kinds of 12AU7 but finally a pair of gold dragon is must item for the PR-T1, without it, sound becomes boring and lifeless on my system.
  • Options
    How does the new tube improve the overall balance? Can you describe more? More bass energy than trebel energy now?
  • Options
    Raymond Hing, sorry not replybut not play the music over week until tonight.
    the improvement from the trebel to the bass. the sound become more substantial.
    If any bro using PR-T1 and agreed with me a pair of GD must plug in,
    you have to pay the money, just HK$600/pair.