Skip to content
Options

Question for Marvel about Tron Syren

Comments

• Options
    Mr.DV, Can you share a few words?
  • Options
    Charles,

I hope transportation of the Algame will be smooth. The magnet behind the lowther driver is 2.3 telsa with very fine specially treated voice coil and many other secrets. It must be handle with utmost care just in case if the drivers shift position during shipment.
  • Options
    Marvel大大, 唔使後悔! 買過部新咪得囉. 不過要在我或其他AE兄弟掃了你部Syren前出手, 否則你又會再後悔.

講完笑, 查實點解你覺得部蒼二一一groundbreaking呢? 可否具體些分享下?

Mr.DV, 你的聽感又如何?
  • Options

I always find interest on those very exotic few watt amplifier. This Tron211 surely is a very lovely amplifier, the extreme energy controlling power is remarkable. Although, this amp should not design for handle those 16" bass, but at least i felt the searching amp for Cessaro could be settle down. (until theres a new Toy......) Great amp, I really like to ve one, but i ve DV already......

Voy, I understand your painful. Beside the tone matter, actually, i won't believe 13W can drive your Algame with no any compromise after i heard 833 with euffo. they sound single end and class A 150W when music demand power.

• Options
    Voy, the kind of European depiction of music is more on the purist side, like a young girl with little or no cosmetics, but you will find naturalness, calmness and details out of it. The Asian favour, on the other hand, is like another young girl with obvious signs of cosmetics, whether it is light or heavy, still you can sense cosmetics in the first sight. To some extent, I tend to believe Wavac805 is more on the light cosmetic side compared to the other members of its family but this may be an element of 'mix and match' making the cosmetic less apparent.

Bro Fat, you are right, I think if I have to buy back the Syren, I will need to spend another sum to buy a new 211...current budget won't allow me such luxury!!

Marvel
  • Options
    The 805mk2 definitely delivers cleaner lyrical lines. It is a picturesque experience. It drives the Tidal Sunray with tremendous ease and control.

The mating between 833 and Eufro is interesting. All those Tron/Algame talks are getting even more sexy as Friday approaches.

I am not a horn guy and will never be one. The Algame could be my next prey.
  • Options
    I'll book a time to PT's place to listen to the Tron 211 and Alpha 1 combo, if it suits my taste, I'll be in trouble.
    PT, is it possible to ask Tron to double the 5U4G to 4 instead of 2 cos 2x5u4GB is barely sufficient to run the 211 at 1000V, not to mention when the 5u4g is getting aged over time.
  • Options
    Ptsang

You can do bi-amping with your external crossover. 300B for the mid-range and treble. Tron 211 for the bass. Or vice versa. It will be fun.
  • Options
    Jeff, I've done this before on the Eufro using the Ongaku driving the bass and Gakuoh for the mid and high, and vice versa, the sound didn't pay off the wiring work. I guess 2 identical amps is the better approach to test bi-amp operations. Besides, the behaviour of Alpha 1 is new to me, I need some time to get acquaintence, so starting with bi-amp is too much, but for sure I'll try later, it will cost nothing anyway(if it does not work out right).
  • Options
    I think it will be fun if Mr.Zanden just use his model wilson to drive the 16inch bass, and the Zanden 300B push pull for the midrange and high. It will sound crazy.
  • Options
    Marvel大大, 我昨晚聽完部Tron211後, 十分明白你的無奈, 更加明白VR的痛苦. 所以即刻想掃了你部 "syren" 前級, 你老哥用的全是精品, 不用聽我可閉眼買, 不過部後好貴, 我要計計數. 玩就玩一套, 唉我又冇Tidal preos....
  • Options
    Bro Fat,

It is a good move to take the Syren at this price because of the drop on the Pound. I also wanted to take back my Syren after hearing the 211 but I would go back to square 1 since I don't have more budget to cover 211. I strongly recommend you to go for the nickel brick transformer upgrade as without which you will stil hear the 'silver' sound of the transformer which to me is like a sudden burst leading to a bit shiny leading edge but perhaps due to the electrical characteristics of silver as a conductor, it cannot 'sustain' the burst long enough before the next demand on electricity comes, its 'trailing edge' is comparatively shorter than conductors made by other material such as gold or copper. With the nickel brick transformer, I firmly believe such balance between the leading edge and trailing end would be better and my hearing of the 211 in producing the more calm, relaxed and rhythmic music re-assures me that such hypothesis is right.

Syren, over to you la.....mating it with 211 to complete the combo, over to la as well....

Marvel
  • Options
    I bought a pair of 1942 RCA 211 from MatthewC last night. He also lend me a pair of United! I had no time last night. But the RCA is definitely a notch better than the GE. It has higher transparency at the top end, more control in the mid bass, and overall energy is a little bit more. I was listening at very low volume last night. I shall test more later tonight. I am excited by the arrival of Algame Zigma as well.
  • Options
    PT, should I change my tube?
  • Options
    PT, thanks for lending me the Tron for a day of intensive listening. Great amp, no doubt about it.