Comments

• Options
    發哥,我都係擔心你聽過833推Eufro會返去開唔到機,之後再洗多半球.
  • Options
    Grey兄, 可否形容下833推Eufro有幾厲害?
  • Options
    發哥,低頻段之從容度,感覺到好似以前在九龍城有飛機飛過,先聽到,再之後感受到.
  • Options
    Grey兄, 呢個境界不易做到, 雖然我玩不出來但証實Eufro是堅野 -: )

你點解還未換speaker?
  • Options
    發哥,對卡瑪我暫時都玩未出佢既實力,等我玩好佢先.
    另外,個外型都真係不錯,康玲同食沙佬,要過老伴關,不容易.
  • Options
    Charles/Ray/Fat,

The Algame will shock you. It has the speed of Formula One, punching mid bass attack, deep deep bass impact. All of them just come in a natural way. You simply forget breaking down super high and super deep bass. Everything just blend together. This is what Music is about - one piece. This is no longer Hi Fi.

• Options
    PT, the Tron Telstar (211 stereo single end) already left London on the way to you. Please show Marvel bro's the true color of Tron. Thanks for freeing his silver bat from the German cage.
  • Options
    Your renewed version comes with exotic core material for all transformers.
  • Options
    The GE 211.
  • Options
    Charles, it's a great amp. I prefer smaller power to mega power amplification solution.
  • Options
    200 hrs run in requires at least for the new transformers. Remember to run it side by side with the Ongaku. I did it twice with two Kondo hardcore fans.
  • Options
    VR, it's not going to have the muscle to drive the Algame. I have never listened to the Tron. I can see the simplicity of the circuit design aims at speed and less coloration. The presence of an inter-stage transfomer similar to Wavac/Da Vinci suggests decent driving power. The warmer tone of the 211 tube at the mid range should compensate for the "frankness" of the simple circuit. I have read Srajan's listening impression of Syren at Marvel's system awhile ago. His comments were sharp, bright, tense relative to a solid state preamp by Karan Acoustics. It is difficult to find a tube preamp with such comments. But I do know tube preamp with very simple and direct circuit can sound bright without the correct tube corresponding to the tonal balance of a given system.

I hate the 5687 tube because there are not too many good stuff out there. The Tungsol is bright, damn bright. The philips has a better overall balance than the Tungsol but any opera recording will reveal its shortcomings at the control of upper end energy. The only choice are the GE5687 or the Slyania 5687 (gold pin).

The mating of a 211 based design amp may bring the overall balance a few octaves downward to sound "right".

What is the side by side comparison experience with Kondo ongaku?
  • Options
    呢部"蒼"211後級究竟咩料? 好似冇人聽過?

Marvel大大, 點解VR兄話你部銀色蝙蝠俠不能和德國幫會共存?
  • Options
    Raymond,

Have you tried the 6900 as replacement of 5687? Totally different structure and much more linear....

If their is another side-by-side between Tron and Ongaku, I will be more than happy to lend out my extra pair of bendix 6900 gold pin.

There are some improvements to the Ongaku in the latest iteration, but I haven't heard it yet.....
  • Options
    Ray,

Let's forget the damn "brand loyalty" or some kind of strange audio worship for the time being and just purely focus on the damn sound. I have a hard time trying to understand wnat do you guys mean by musicality. It seems rounded top ends/tonally warm mid range is equivalent to musicallity to many of friends I met in Asia. I can only agree they are pleasing to the ears, easier to listen, but it is far from my own definition.

The rhythm or tempo whatever has to be right. That is the foundation of a melodic line and subsequent development. The kondo sound is pleasing, very damn pleasing to be fair but the mid range sound real funny. I mean real funny. Some of the great opera recordings of the century that I am extremely familiar with, when played through the Kondo Ongaku, articulation of the germanic melodic lines, are all twisted and distorted. I have a hard time recognizing what I heard is germanic lyrics. The intonations of the vowels are distorted downward. Well, it is surely pleasing to listen but if you happen to be the guy who know the stuff, I have a hard time swallowing "musicality".

It is better for one not to know too much. The more you know, the more you are fed up. The Tron just does the job properly. The germanic lines are there glowing with articulation. Control of energy is there and delivery of tempo or intra-transients from each lyrical line to another is delivered with liveliness that I could recognize and feel in live concert. I cannot say the Tron sound beautiful but it allows me to indulge with my recordings.

I am sure the Wavac 833 is not for me. I put my vote on Zanden for one reason only - the Zanden phono stage is magnificient.