Skip to content
Options

My Shindo System in Shanghai

It takes more nearly 2 months to ship my gear to Shanghai as I need to apply for the necessary documents, clearing custom, etc. I am so happy that my system finally start working a few days ago. The new listening environment is much better than my old one. This allows me to experience the true power of my gear. At the moment, my Shindo turntable is not yet set up and room acoustics is not yet treated. I am also waiting for the SRA of the Lagrange and the TT. Hopefully, my system will be fully set up by mid-Nov.

Comments

• Options
    Great to see that! Well done Azzurri!!

I look forward to visiting you some days. PT / Master Wai will certainly help you out on the setting up of the TT. In the meantime, I see the Orpheus pair should give you non-stop musical enjoyment.

Take care in Shanghai,
    Marvel
  • Options
    Hi Azzurri, how's the life in shanghai? By the way, could you tell us more about the different of you new listening environment compared with the old one?
  • Options
    The system just went live. As I do not change any gear, the improvement should all come from the better listen environment. The most obvious thing is that the sound stage is becoming wide. Previously, my flat could not accommodate the entire sound stage. So there used to be some distortion and compression. Now, the music comes in more freely in the new environment.
  • Options
    Azzuri, where is your big Latour? Without space constraint which most HK audiophiles lack, try to get the big brother later.
  • Options
    I am very pleased that PT flew to Shanghai and helped me to tune the system and the room acoustics. Although my system had a better performance under the new listening environment, there was still a little bit strange in the sound. Shanghai Bigpiece was also in my apartment. He described the sound as "radio sound". PT inspected the environment and my system settings. Then he quickly identified the culprit was the thick carpet. Also, the high frequency sensitivity level of my speaker was not tuned according to the new listening environment. After we removed the carpet and adjusted the sensitivity level, all the heavenly music came back! We listened to cello after the tuning. I never thought before that my system can deliver the low frequency to that extent. Thank you very much PT. I look forward to your returning next week to set up my TT as well.
  • Options
    天鵝皇子, 原來你比我早一步出手掃了對新籐211 mono限量功放! 果然有品味. 我就遲了一步就已沽清了. 用"郎格治"推高音號角, 211摧低音, 極之有型仕! 你部Vekian煲完未?
  • Options
    I think my Vekian is fully run in right now. Fat gor, one thing share with you for Vekian as you are also using the Shindo gear. You should use low gain for Vekian. I used high gain at the beginning but the high frequently is unbearable. I need to get a year of can food in order to get the 211 mono. Everything comes with a price... see when you come to Shanghai and give some comments to my gear la.. ^^