Skip to content
Options

Bergmann - A new page!!

The long awaited air pump has just been installed in my system last night and it certainly marked a new page to what is already a superb turntable in my system. The pump is ultra quiet and even when my son (and myself) put our ears within 1 meter, its noise level is extremely low. The cooling fans of my Sony Vaio and my wife's Fujitsu notebook PC are obviously noisier! No joking.

Noise is one thing, the surprise is not just on the quietness, the pump is perhaps 2 times more heavy than the old version and requires a direct AC power supply instead of having to go through a tiny transformer sitting outside of the pump in the previous version. It has a filter like device (see the photo) which I believe is to control the humidity. Like a power cord, if the air now is in a much more abundant supply and steady, you can imagine what the sound would be like: More calm, more steady tracking and more dynamics!!

Listening to customer's feedback is very important to improve the product as Mr Bergmann has never encountered the problem of the noisy pump because he has his pump located 2 rooms away from his listening lab...when he came over to HK and saw my tiny place, he immediately responded to my quest for a quieter pump and here is what it is...my salute to Mr. Bergmann and AE to really taking care of this issue!!

Together with the pump, I have got also an upgraded rear panel as well. Wow, can't wait to see what the improvement would 'sound' like.

Thanks a million!!
Marvel

Comments

• Options
    Another photo showing its back with the 'filter'
  • Options
    There are much more improvements on the turntable other than the new air pump which requires shipping back to Denmark for re-modifications. The new look and construction of the air pump makes the initial batch look "PRIMITIVE". Other than the cosmetic and the increment in physical weight, the supply of air to the turntable is cleaner, smooth and more abundant. It is obviously that the new air pump has higher amount of air flow. Division of air supply to the tonearm and the platter will not be "hairsplitting" like the last version. Just like the power supply of an amplifier, better supply always means better sound. We did a side by side comparison already.

Voy, to answer your question directly. The new air pump alongside many small but important changes make the new version MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the original version.

The new version is "EXCLUSIVELY" available for AE customers who shown real financial support and loyalty right from the beginning.
  • Options
    The impact of the new pump on the sound quality is tremendous. Bass goes deeper, more mid bass impact and more high frequency extension. I am oveall impressed by the marked improvement on "coherence".
  • Options
    你有冇用新氣泵?
  • Options
    對不起, 寫錯了名子
  • Options
    發哥

我用緊新的 pump 了, 只可以寫一個 "服" 字.
    它靜到開了還以為未開.
    用了新 pump 後我再調整了個盤的氣壓.
    整體比之前好了很多.

Charles
  • Options
    Charles,

I heard that you are very impressed by the Bergman with Hyper Emminent cartridge now. Can you share more with us?

JLam
  • Options
    Did anyone using the new air pump try using other power cord on the pump? Previously, there was a small PC like external transformer adopted by the air pump and now the AC power goes directly into the pump presumably having a better quality transformer built in. I tried to connect the pump with just an ORB power cord replacing the stock PC power cord, interestingly, I can hear more details on transients and the background appears more dead quiet. I am not sure if it is more psychologoical feeling than actual improvement. Anyone who can share or help trying in order to prove my observation?

Thanks,Marvel
  • Options
    Use Flow please. Can you answer Puyi's question? He asked you twice .