Skip to content
Options

EMT 986 Arrived

Comments

• Options
    Raymond,

The cable bit is really troubling as well. I didn't know about the SACD lock bit :-(

OTOH, the firewire cable, I wonder what people use..... If it's the Esoteric cable.... I suspect it's going to rub out a lot of textures and attacks.....I had that cable when I had the esoteric stuff. It made the estoeric sounded mellow, soft and slow, really a POS. The only other "high-end" firewire cable I know is Kharma. but Kharma cables may have other issues.

In a way, CD's harder that LP :-)
  • Options
    We soley use SMR EE BNC TO BNC. You shoud know why we use BNC TO BNC.
  • Options
    We soley use SMR EE BNC TO BNC. You shoud know why we use BNC TO BNC.
  • Options
    Yes. And they's why no SACD in the test :-)
  • Options
    Marvel大大, 這部是好好的雷射唱機, 傍下身唔錯
  • Options
    Marvel大大果然冇介紹錯, 本身都好已係超水準之作, 好期侍Vekian的來臨
  • Options
    各位bro,
    播放986的第三日, 覺得此cdp性格十分率直,分析力奇高( 起碼以小弟所聽過之cd機比較)。我想其實仲有好多更強機種,但在本人之射程範圍內已很滿意,起碼我老闆(my wife)都話:[ 部機雖然古怪,但係都好聽],我心想"都好聽咋,我覺得好好wow"。不過有家人支持我玩,就已經好開心。

bro fat,
    小康寧確實係一對靚聲speaker, my horning已漸入佳境,但相比butcher家中仍有一段距離,無辦法啦,新手嘛。你的"天鵝"配康寧效果如何,可以分享下嗎?
    Matthew
  • Options
    Yes, Bro Fat,

Glad to see you taking this step to try 986 on Vekian. I have not taken my 986 yet since the Vekian has not yet arrived (and salary has not arrived either!!). How do you find 986? I heard from PT that a comparison was done between 986 and the legendary one piece CD player from the UK.

Need to come to your place at your convenience to listen to the new Eufrodite. 'Smallpotato' also committed to buy a pair of Aristole powered by Wavac 300B, I have high expectation on such combo!!

Marvel

Marvel
  • Options
    MatthewC, have you made up mind to buy the UK dac? They are great.
  • Options
    Raymond,

"Eventually" :-)

I just ordered a Kharma Enigma firewire cable, and I will go listen to the UK set with it, more critically this time, to see what happens.... Also need to evaluate the Kinoshita DAC as well... since I like their speakers so much.....
  • Options
    My friend will soon dump a set to the 2nd hand market after the Vekian arrived. Maybe I can link you two up.
  • Options
    Matthew Hi, do you have a link to the kinoshits dac? Thanks Keith.
  • Options
    Keith, 現在986直出去amp, 無攪其他嘢, 祇懂按 play & stop,
    "kinoshits"係乜家伙?可以介紹下嗎?
  • Options
    Keith, www.reyaudio.com .

MatthewC,

you seem favour studio engineer's work very much. Why not get a suite of EMM Lab?

• Options
    Raymond,

It may seem like I prefer studio gears, but it is just coincidence. I like certain sound and it happens that dCS and Kinoshita are really my cup of tea... but not for a lot of other studio-oriented stuff. Have you heard/used the Kinoshita RM series, by any chance, in your studio?

In any case, I couldn't really attached to the music when listening through the EMM combo. Maybe it just wasn't setup right . I can respect it, but never thought of owning it...