Skip to content
Options

AE's Annual Gathering with Yamada san of Zanden Audio System

Yamada san of Zanden usually visits AE fellows once a year. We had arranged Big Glass and Rebecca of Audiotechnique to meet him and to audition the latest 3000 line-stage and the unique 211 push pull amp driving the Cessaro Alpha One at the home of Mr.Zanden.

Comments

• Options
    Big Glass and Yamada san were discussing Zanden's 211 push pull mono block amplifiers. Big Glass, Rebecca and Ball were mightily impressed by the musical performance on late Friday evening. Big Glass especially singles out the superb tonal purity of the new 3000 linestage alongside the speedy transient of the 211 push pull mono block had elevated the overall system performance by a few level up relative to his last visit earlier this year.
  • Options
    On Sat morning, after I was shocked by the Tidal experience at Alecy's home from 830am to 10am, I had to hurry back to make sure Mr.Zanden and Yamada san gave me a "PASS" on the AE resident system.
  • Options
    In the afternoon, Yamada san respectively went to visit Marvel and DSo. When he listens, he is always very very focus.
  • Options
    At dinner time, Brother Fat, DSo, Charles, PTsang, Studiogrey, Mr.DV, Marvel, Mr.Zanden, Eric, PT and myself were all present. I believe Brother Fat and Charles met for the very first time last night. DSo seemed quite happy as his system performed up to the standard after his hardworks spent on room acoustic lately.
  • Options
    If you don't know PTsang, one may mistaken he is THE DESIGNER! He is very knowledgeable on everything, even Yamada san was impressed.
  • Options
    I always respect Yamada san very much. It is very hard to describe in words. The American sits next to him is the US Distributor, Eric.
  • Options
    Master Wai - our savior on all technical matters received thunderous compliment from Yamada san for understanding his unique circuitry on his Zanden 300B push pull mono block amplifier. When Master Wai repaired the 300B amp for PT, he was sweating because he had not seen such circuitry before. Wai commented that Yamada san was truly BRAVE in his design and Yamada said he is very surprised Wai without formal training under him could understand them and successfully repaired it.
  • Options
    Everyone looks happy amidst the greatest financial turmoil in the world. The power of audio is immense. Of all Zanden products, the phono-stage is indeed a fine example of a sanctuary for your mind.

Marvel bro, Yamada san looked kind of confused in your place. Was there something wrong with your system?
  • Options
    Marvel, what's wrong?
  • Options
    雖然山田先生十分沉默, 但我感覺到他內涵滿瀉. 有機會我一定玩佢部超級瘋佬
  • Options
    In short, 2 things, speaker positioning which Yamada san has quickly resolved . Another thing is the difference on the power cords being used in 805, I purchased one FMR in 2006 and recently bought another one, may be due to difference on the burning in and the design/material, Yamada san can hear the difference between the 2 channels. We swapped to use a pair of US power cords and Yamada san agreed that it is better in terms of the 'balance' but noted that the quality of FMR is superior than the US pair. Yamada san enjoyed Bergmann big time as far as I can see.

Marvel