Skip to content
Options

Franck Tchang is in town to solve Acoustic Problems for AE Fellows

Just give me a call to arrange the schedule. I shall bring him to visit Dso tomorrow.

Mr.dv, if you need help on the Tango, please arrange a time slot too.

Studiogrey, Franck is much much better PT. He will amaze you.

Charles, give me a call asap.

Comments

• Options
    Franck spent 3 hours tweaking Dso's room for more than 3 straight hours. After listening a track of piano recording for 8 minutes, he started working right away
  • Options
    DSo was pushing up the silver resonators farther up to the ceiling.
  • Options
    Franck was realigning all the positions of the resonators on a parallel line.
  • Options
    NOTHING was added yesterday. Franck was merely using existing resources, adjusting positions here and there. I shall leave the improvement part to Dso to describe.

DSo has been very hardworking lately. He floats up the ground of the 833 to reduce ground noises further. The hollow wall structure in between the speakers was tackled by (1) Hole Drilling (2) Resonator (3) Noise filter (4) Absorption Panel by Audiosmile. I think he is ready for the big match next week.
  • Options
    查兄, 聽聞Franck也去了你處搞Acoustics至零晨兩三點? 究竟有什麼進步? 我知你今午去聽Zanden先部獨一無二的Model Wilson功放, 我都想去見識下但要返工.

我已乖乖聽話轉了喇叭線相位, 初頭聽低音勁了好多, 但愈聽愈唔對路, 好似低音樂器永遠在前, 而高音卻從在遠方傳來, 聽鋼琴尤其明顯, 左手突然變得好大力打低音鍵, 中高音的諧波變得好少, 小提琴的弓起弓落變得呆了, 尤其是比較大力運弓的高音好似走了去後台, 連我老婆都問我做乜搞到D聲怪怪. 最後我頂唔順, 轉翻原本正去正, 負去負, 一天光灑.

我覺得反相的接線法聽Jazz幾好因為低音推前了, 聽起來幾high, 但有點我好肯定就是現場錄音的堂音全部推後了, 從前的包圍感換成了多些低音能量.

大家可否分享下經驗?
  • Options
    What you described is exactly wrong phasing. Do not mistaken more bass means the phase is correct unless you subjectively prefer this type of presentation. When the phase is wrong, there is always more bass. In orchestra setup, bass instruments are always located farther than the string sections. But if the phase is wrong, you will have a feeling the string and the bass have swapped their positions.
  • Options
    查兄, Mr.DV, 可否分享經驗?
  • Options

Jlam, your girl lost the ball game (2-3)!!!
  • Options
    發哥

Franck 幫我 fine tune, 房的 noise 小了很多.
    我聽了 Mr.Zanden 的一套 Zanden 加Alpha One後, 另我有新的體會.
    至於反相的問題 Raymond 已經寫得很清楚.
    檢查清楚相位先啦.

• Options
    Charles, how's your Bergman Sindre performing?
  • Options
    The new Grand Reference Feet from Franck
  • Options
    The new Grand Reference Feet from Franck versus the Reference Feet.
  • Options
    呀Franck做D腳, 一定堅! 大隻好多下, 咩料先?