Skip to content
Options

Finally My Giscours Arrived

While every big brothers are overwhelming with the Bergmann Turntable, I still want to say a few words on my new Shindo Giscours pre-amp. The sound is really amazing. Now my gear sounds like big stuff. I understand what Fat gor felt when he upgraded to Giscours. Monbrison and Giscours are more than 3-4 classes apart, i.e. the difference between kindergarten and postgraduate as quoted by Fat gor. Fat gor, how do you find your Giscours now after it runs in?

Comments

• Options
    My gear. Giscours, Langrange, Zero, O1SE...
  • Options
    The Gisocurs looks cool on the SRA. You should get them for your amp too. The rack is a problem.
  • Options
    Voy, thanks for your suggestion. Yes I understand the problem and the importance of using SRA on my Langrange as well. Yet, I have to do it step by step. I am saving bullet to shot the SRA now. :)
  • Options
    Azzuri兄, 吉斯哥是堅野, 大場面, 幼細度以及場面感都是大機風範. 幾時換埋天鵝盤呀? 一套唔使煩, 一定夾.
  • Options
    Azzuri兄, 你對朗格治功放聲底如何? 點解冇SRA板在下面
  • Options
    Fat Gor, I have ordered SRA for Lagrange. It will be delivery in end August. I still need to wait for some time. The strong points of Lagrange are now digged out after my Giscours arrived. Playing vocal and strings are attractive. You will very relaxed and comfortable. Also, the control of Lagrange is superb. It is very fun to listen to bass of Jazz.
  • Options
    Azzurri,
    That is a great move! I cannot think of any better option than to use SRA for your new amps. You will be amazed on the details that you regain from the original recording after getting the SRA.

Marvel
  • Options
    Azzurri, preamp using output trans has tremendous controlling power which could easily be mistaken as having more energy in the power amp. I like the Lagrange very much, driving the Eufro is acceptale but it doesn't have the power for the Alpha 1.The power tubes AT20 is rare, no other amps except the Lagrange uses this tube probably for the past 40 years. The sound of AT20 is distinctively different from the more common PX25 and 300B. The AT20 has more cleaner sound with a high end never heard from any amps I've come across, sounds more like single-ended than a PP amp, in this regard, it sounds like a WE300A or a Mullard DO24, a pair of this worth the cost of your amp.