Skip to content
Options

Orpheus 1SE

Hi Robert,

Congretulation to U!

I had been using the O1SE for sometime . The DAC is very very good in price to performance ratio . Very musical and analytical DAC indeed. Hardly to find its oppenants below US$10000 or even higher price than it.

I'm using Heritage DAC. But I still believe O1SE to be the best buy when the performance /price ratio is considered.

Comments

• Options
    Kan,

Thanks for sharing your experience on using the SE DAC. As I live in Los Angeles area, I did not have chance to audition it. It is very encouraging to hear positive comments on the SE from you. I am certainly looking forward to picking the DAC up next month.

I am wondering what have you compared the 01SE with, could you share more? I am especially curious as to how does the 01SE compare with the Nagra DAC?

Anyway, the SE will replace my existing much less expensive Reimyo DAC, so I expect there will be a substantial improvement.

Robert
  • Options
    Dear Sir,

I'm using Metronomme Kalista as transport. It's a very good match with O1SE.
    As far as I know, the designers of O1SE also use Kalista as one of their referenece transport.

Cheers

Kan
  • Options
    It is interesting to know what the Orpheus designers had been using as reference in the design and tuning stage of its equipment. Do you have any idea what else---like speakers, cables, etc.---have they also used?

Robert
  • Options
    I had a chance listened to Nagra DAC and Orpheus 1. They belong to the same league and I picked Orpheus 1 to match with my 0 transport 2 years ago. I picked 1 because of its "musicality". I have not listened to 1SE but I understand its on par with Zanden Signature Mark IV DAC (replaced my 1). So, I bet you will have a lot of fun with 1SE.

Cheers
    Big Piece
  • Options
    Thanks you much for sharing experience.

I do trust AE's recommendation, so I have decided to get the SE. But it is always interesting to see what's available out there, and know how the SE fares against others.

I envy those of you in Hong Kong, you guys can arrange direct comparison between those Zanden, Orpheus, and many other brands. On second thought, it is maybe a blessing in disguise, having less temptation is probably better for me.

Regards,
    Robert
  • Options
    Hi Robert
    I had a similar feeling when I moved to Shanghai 2 years back. But the "recoomendations" from AE is not bound by geography.
    I think this is a very good forum that members would be more than happy to share their experience.
    Cheers
    Big Piece
  • Options
    Big Piece,

You are right. It is nice to be able to reach out with AE and its forum.

Regards,

Robert