Skip to content
Options

Hole Drilling Experience

Over the weekend, Dso and Mr.DV just went through the experiences of drilling hole in their most resonant structure in their respective home.

Why don't you guys share with all of us about this strange excercise regardless of the improvement magnitude?

PT

Comments

• Options
    OK! Refer to the structure of my idiot front wall, there is an inch distance between the thick plywood wall and the cement wall. There are always some energy stored in between those two panel, it always pollute the sound all the moment. Although a good cable could be help, problem still there!!!

The trick does not success in my case. "Wei si-fu" drill a hole at the bottom where behind the right speaker, then we drill one more at the top of the middle point, improvement very limit. I got failture,(i felt shame & doesn't know what to tell PT there r no respone during the phone call) the enery stored inside does not came out from those little hole. Maybe the structure inside has some problem.

Whatever, sound is ok up to now, still could be listen for some moment, but not means we will compromise to this shxt! Let see....

report by a poor man.......

Dso hing,

heard you ve different experience?

PT,

I told my boss the TT will delivery arround late July/Aug, the first question from my boss is not how much, she ask me whom i bought from....hahaha....

• Options
    When I renovated my apartment, I built a raised wooden platform for my dining area. Stupid I forgot to fill in sound absorbing material, the energy trapped inside creates audible noises especially in the lower end whenever I play the music loud. After drilling a 3mm magic hole on the side wall of the platform, much of the energy trapped can now be released and the noise problem has been improved a lot though not totally eliminated. The result is really stunning and hopefully the noise problem can be further reduced by better control of the new 833.

Why 3mm? PT already provided me a very reasonable answer, but it's better for him to answer this question here.
  • Options
    Franck,

How Dso has much better experience after drilling the hole than CCN?

Please enlighten us.

PT