Comments

• Options
    係咪輸好多?
  • Options
    Doesn't it sensetive?
  • Options
    發哥

嚴格來說不是揪機.
    事情係有一日我和朋友去了某HI Fi Shop, 我聽了一部前, 後級覺得不錯, 然後那個 sales 話可以送到我家給我玩幾天, 當然我都喜歡這部前, 後級所以我欣然答應了並安排前兩天送到我家. 那位 sales 真的很不錯.
    部機和那位 sales 準時到了我家後, 我邀請那位 Sales 先幫忙一起聽下我的系統然後再一起換機. 大概聽了 30 分鐘後, 我們開始換機, 這時候那位 sales 很坦白的對我講這部機可能不能滿足我的要求, 因為它的速度不及我用緊的 pr-t1, 但這部機是很好玩, 當用不同的墊板和墊腳都會有不同的效果, 我抱著懷疑的心態, 即管一試, 我們開聲後10分鐘才進行測試, 果然這部機對墊板和墊腳都會有不同的用反應亦正如那位 sales 所講這部機真的不能滿足我的要求.
    不過這部機真的已經很不錯亦都真的很好玩, 玩了兩天我只可以講係部 PR-T1 太强了, 又有可能係 pr-t1很夾 horning, 我相信 AE 賣的器材肯定經過精心的配合.

我很多謝那位 sales, 他為人坦白和知道我會買這部機的機會是很微的情況下都沒有表演不滿, 還和我一起研究點樣玩好這部機.

• Options
    You are nice and humble man.
  • Options
    Charles,

I read your above comment with interest! To me, I am also interested at their 2-piece CD player and the forthcoming phono. This brand is certainly considered a new blue blood brand from Swiss resembling another Danish brand that i have used in the past. Decent and simple outlook with some propriatary circuitry design producing smooth and musical playback with a high level of resolution. Frankly I do have expectation on their 2-piece CD player and phono as well. With Tidal, Heritage, etc, the bar has certainly been raised to a high level preventing me from any 'fruitless' attempt in spending money trying this and that. It is therefore great to hear that the dealer of that brand was kind and patient enough to arrange a home trial for you. Certainly you must look much candid and eager to buy when you visited their showroom. Ha ha....Again the level of service standard in this industry has also been influenced by PT and his engineering crew in terms of product knowledge and post sale support.

Other than the speed, do you reckon any edge of that brand of preamp over the PRT1? Obviously comparing a tube preamp with a solid state preamp would not be easy from a circuitry design perspective. From the overall music playback point of view, do you see any similarity between the two? With Eufrodite, do you think pairing the same brand of pre+power would be a fairer comparison? I suspect the conventional damping factor of the power amp of that brand might kill (ie overdamp) the harmonics of the bass from Eufrodite. What is your view?

Next time, when I visit the showroom, I may have to use your 'big name' to ask for a home trial for their new CD player or the phono....

Marvel
  • Options
    By the way, with so many exotic stuff keeping coming in from AE, there is actually no more spare money to make any 'fruit' or 'fruitless' attempt!! I trust some of the forum readers do share the same view with me...woo woo woo....
  • Options
    查兄, 十分之有趣的比較. 但任何機放落任何釘和板上都一定有分別, 我不見得這點有什麼特別. 可否講詳盡一些. 如不便的話我明白, 我地見面才談談. 一句PRT1太強已經足夠.

Marvel大大, 我地是否下下都耍全套前+後比較才有結論?
  • Options
    For those people who are using high efficient speakers such as Horning and Cessaro, there are only 2 preamps that will be able to give PR-T1 a hard time. The 1st one is the Tidal Preos Reference but it hinges heavily on your front end equipment because the Tidal is just like a blank paper. The other one is "forthcoming".
  • Options
    Another 'forthcoming' !!!??

Bro Fat, I just tabled the thought of comparing the enire amplication of a brand to another brand....of course, I have done a lot of preamp comp as well as power amp comp in isolation....matching between the power amp and speakers, in my humble view, is even more critical than the matching between pre and power.

Marvel
  • Options
    PT, the Tidal pre is already a giant-killer, the sound of it is sweet in a way unlike sugar or honey, more like the kind of feeling of sensing natural scent from flowers, you don't see it but you feel it. Perhaps when you all get older, you'll end up with a Tidal because you have tried so many things with a taste, for me, I'm old and I'm ready for the Tidal, just give me some more time.Also interested in the forthcoming preamp, a little more info would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Forget the "forthcoming", it will be solely for PT's laboratory testing.
  • Options
    對我來說, 你地所有的前級都是極品, 所以迫使我uprade to 吉斯哥才覺得夠班! 當我覺得Tidal是極極上品, 尢其係瘋佬. PT曾demo個一把係大部分人都唔喜歡的聲, 跟住轉去另一個input, 即刻是天同地分別, 但都係用Tidal做前. 我同意Raymond哥所講, 搞得唔好, 就會怪個前級.
  • Options
    Bro fat, I heard from PT that your 吉斯哥 will arrive in June. Please remember to let me visit you and listen to it. I am very much interested in 吉斯哥 but I just don't have enough bullet to shoot it at the moment. I recently joint the vinyl world and upgraded the power amp to Lagrange. It is so sad that I have to let them sit alone at home because I am now in Vietnam for a business trip. I really miss my gear... :(
  • Options
    Marvel 大大

其實dealer 點解肯借部機比我玩?
    因為我跟他們說我的大大係 MARVEL.

• Options
    Charles,

Don't play me. I did visit the showroom and left my contact for the sales to contact me when the new CD player arrives. This was about 2 months ago.

I hope my 805Mk2 will arrive soon so that I can start inviting more friends, yourself included, to come and listen. Moreover, the 833/805Mk2 party in So's place would be one of our major events in Summer!!

When will your TT arrive by the way?

Marvel