Skip to content
Options

Setting up the Wavac 805mk2 for the Thales presentation

Raymond, we shall take good care of your baby. Heartfelt thanks for your generosity in lending them to us.

Comments

• Options
    AE fellows must be very familiar with this pair of amp. What about the mk2?
  • Options
    The AC-1 for 805v2 in mono format. Net weight is 100 pounds each. Ohio XL+2 platform underneath such beast is a must. Marvel bro had already placed order for the SRA even though his amp will arrive in July together with Dso's 833
  • Options
    We spot the presence of a ground-lifting switch at the back of the power supply
  • Options
    The power cable in between the power supply and the main unit is thicker than the OR in diameter
  • Options
    The customized feet for 805v2
  • Options
    Initial setup completed. PT will help me to voice the amp with the correct tube. He will begin with the INPUT tube. Output tubes in his hand included the United, RCA cyroed and the stock Golden Dragon.

He ruled out telefunken for taste reason although they work exceptionally well in the setups of Dso and Charles. My gut feeling he may go for the Sylvania goldpin in the 50s to maximize the dynamic range. The amp will have to go through a burn in period of non-stop 72 hrs at low volume.
  • Options
    嘩! 流緊口水...
  • Options
    Hallo Jlam, it looks like a lot of fun there. It's moody in the UK. Really miss the HK days, shall return to HK in summer. I hope the Tron Heat is still on. When is my 211 due?