Skip to content
Options

PT's EE interconnect

PT,

I apologize for not being able to supply you any pair of EE in the past 2 years due to long waiting time and consistent scarcity of supply.

Your wishes are now granted. I agree with you that the SMR under your hand had been serving you well and you always said cable is just one of the many criteria to reach the utopia. Your theory of "no single one attribute is more important than any other attribute" is well grounded based on my personal visit of many systems in the past 5 years. It is just that some attributes cost less than other attribute may trigger one to think some parameters are more important than any other parameters. For example, speaker positioning is as important as other attributes you mention in your Chinese article. It costs nothing too. There is thus a tendency to think that is the most important criteria...... This is just one example.

At the extreme end of the utopia, every single parameters count. I am not sure whether you have reached this state given the constraints that you are facing. But I respect you to ask for changes on the EE cable by NOT using the Brenda connector but rather requesting to use the more ordinary version of the connector idential to SMR SE.

In your theory, taking away the outer shield reduce vibration within the connectors further. The connector has a tight grip on the female RCA socket anyway. These are very minute details.

Please make the best out of the EE. Set up a role model.

J

Comments

• Options
    Next pair after summer
  • Options
    PT,

Where will u use it? Phono to pre-amp? As i said before, the DV like a deep hole, could u find out how deep is it with these cable?

ccn

• Options
    CCN

DV tonearm has already got a build in phono cable to the preamp. Between the preamp and power amp is where I am using and believe PT will be using the EE.

EE is certainly a different ball game and I am sure you have heard it in your system.

Marvel
  • Options
    I will use it between the Preamp and the Poweramp so that both the CD and vinyl can be benefited from this masterpiece.
  • Options
    A clarification to the above as both PT and myself are using Preos which is a phono preamp. In a separate phono and linestage setup, CCN, you are right, you can use the EE cable between the phono and preamp.

Marvel
  • Options
    PT, the EE wires are completely stressfree. The tonal resolution is freakingly real. Do you agree?
  • Options
    The Brenda is much better. I guess P.T instead the Brenda to noraml one becasue the size of Brenda RCA.
  • Options
    You are both right.