Skip to content
Options

PT's phonostage: Da Vinci Preziosa Phono and LCR Driver

Anything PT chooses, especially those taken him long time to consider, despite rapid exchange rate appreciation, is always seen as the strongest vote of confidence to me. We have high expectation on this phono. Our benchmarks are high: Tidal phono, Wavac LCR-X2, Zanden 1200, and Tron syren etc.

Comments

• Options
    The power supply for the RIAA driver. Crazy!
  • Options
    The phonostage itself
  • Options
    The LCR driver
  • Options
    The built quality of the chassis is good as we already saw the real thing from CCN's complete system
  • Options
    Ready to pick up.... should arrive HK next week. The grandezza cartridge for Alecy will be together with this shipment too. Last by not least, PT requests the 5-pin concept cable from the phonstage to the LCR driver must be at the Grandezza level. Peter confirms it is worthwhile to use Grandezza 5-pin concept cables because it simply sounds better.
  • Options
    Wow, all transformer coupling from input to output, no circuit board, a true three-stage design in the phono amplificiation, this is serious stuff and highly toxical!
  • Options
    WoW!
    CCN, will DV phono available your home soon?
  • Options
    This is absolutely CRAZY stuff!!! i cannot believe what i m looking at, Be a Preziosa amp user, i understand how great for each transformer, Look how many r there to serve each 6c45, and this is just a phone amp, i cannot imagine how the sound will be.........sorry my saliva is dropping.

• Options
    Studiogrey,

This is PT's toy. But I can answer you now, if i will get a tt sys. that must be DV only.

c.c.n
  • Options
    ccn, I am afraid of visiting PT. The DV grandezza cartridge is toxical. I know for certain this crazy phono will kill me in a few minutes. I am very happy with my Zanden phono. I listened to the Zanden phono in AE showroom and is still impressed. I don't want to change the "status quo" but my desire is burning high now!

By the way, ccn, I am sure you have great taste and understand music because if you don't, you will not go for full DV, there is no trace of sensational element, just pure musical experience.
  • Options
    I am very eager for this phonostage too. I hope to listen to them with AAS Gabriel turntable this summer.
  • Options
    Puyi,

PT once told me DV cartridge is the most economical way to get a taste of the music intention as interpreted by DV's design crew. After pairing it with the DV tonearm, I now understand more on what PT said. AAS Gabriel+tonearm+cartridge is like the CD transport, would you not believe mating it with its DAC (ie phono) is something unbeatable. I won't dare to go to visit PT again after the phono arrives....

Marvel
  • Options
    marvel bro, isn't your tial already the almighty one?
  • Options
    After 4 months of waiting, the Da Vinci phonostage with LCR driver finally arrived today.
  • Options
    I specially pay extra to order grandezza reference grade 5-pin concept cable between the phono and the driver