Skip to content

The Da Vinci Corner

Marvel,

Can you tell us your experience of the latest DV cartridge? I understand you just return from India, not sure you find some time to mount it. If you do, let's share in this thread.

Jeff

Comments

• Yes, India was an interesting trip. I was there couple of times several years ago. There are new buildings but still infrastructure and poverty don't improve too much since I last visited. I really feel very sad seeing small kids finding food to each from a lump of rubbish together with wandering dogs...

DV Grandezza cartridge just mounted tonight....a few notch above XV1S in the realism and tonality. Everything, especially vocal become so lively with pinpoint burst of energy and much wider and coherent dispersion. The stability of the images is just like viewing firework with a pair of sharp focus binoculars. The phsical weight of the cartridge matches very well with the tonearm delivering very complete harmonics without distortion due to mechanical vibration because of the imbalance between the cartridge and arm.

Marvel
  • Marvel, good to hear another Da Vinci fans here. I remember myself switching from goldfinger to da vinci is like going from north pole to south pole. Every minute with the da vinci cartridge means music, the goldfinger is very senational, it's real good on pop or jazz music. Frankly, the latest version of the da vinci cartridge has more speed, and I am enjoying jazz music much more now than before.

Shanghai bigpiece shares my feeling. Both of them top cartridge but with extreme difference. Which phonostage are you using with the da vinci? The wavac? tron? zanden? Out of the 3, I believe wavac may match the dv the best due to similar design in amplification philosophy but with different techniques.

Keep sharing more. This is a cartridge that makes you forget everything and just focus on music
  • Puyi, thanks and what is the tracking force that you are using / have tried on the DV cartridge? On classical music, DV can really unleash much air and ambience without losing the 'big picture' aspect of the soundstage and other instruments in the symphony. That is why I said above, the kind of pinpointing outburst of energy from each instrument create a much stronger feel on the shape and weight of the instrument.

It is not just music, it is lively musical notes coming out from a virtual space! I am using Tron Syren and Tidal will be coming soon. But my impulsive character is driving me crazy to get the DV phono....what do you think?

Marvel
  • Marvel, you start making more senses. The speedy silver bat carries the dv cart quite well in my experience. Tracking force is abt 2.2 to 2.3 in my case. DV phono can't be wrong. You just asked a question with a predetermined and solid answer in your mind.