Skip to content
Options

Major Acoustic Renovation in the home of Katongkid

We spent 4 hours renovating the acoustic of Katongkid's home yesterday. A total of 18 noise filters, 3 basic resonators, 1 phase corrector alongside his existing resonators. It was a very interesting and good learning sessions for all of us and we were very happy with the results. I will let the owner report his experiences. Here are some photos to share with all of you.

What was he doing? He just installed one basic resonator INSIDE the AC conditioner and wanted to take a picture!

Comments

• Options
    Later on, we treated the fridge in the other side of the living room. Before that, we replaced the flow with Olympic reference on the Wavac 805 amp and the results are.....
  • Options
    We wish we have another set of reference feet for the Wavac PR-T1 power supply. We finally decided to apply the reference feet under the power supply of Zanden 5000 sig dac.
  • Options
    Flow is still the best for source component
  • Options
    Yes, PT pulled out litte miracles from his little bag of trips. I had a couple of audiophile friends here in Singapore stop by to attend while PT went through my entire listening area, including airconditioning, refridgerator. He treated all corners with little widgets (more pictures below with descriptions).

Current setup is shown below
  • Options
    Olympic Reference on the Wavac 805s... sound was liquid and velvet.
  • Options
    ORs and Flows in action...
  • Options
    Listening area that PT had to treat
  • Options
    PT explaining to finer points of Audio Physics to an eager audience
  • Options
    Resonators in action inside a Panasonic airconditioner. It is sitting on top of the filter. The amazing thing about this experiment, was that while there were still some minor clicks coming from loose parts within the unit, we noticed the overall noise coming from the airconditioning unit had quietened down substantially, causing the sound to open up.

Unfortunately, here in Singapore, we need to have the airconditioner on, as its gets waaaay too hot! I usually end up turning on the fan and turning off the airconditioner, but will try experiment with resonators wihin the airconditioner and report back.
  • Options
    Another experiment which worked surprisingly well, was a resonator in the fridge. It works!!! The sound opened up further, and there was a surprising difference with the resonator in the fridge!! So its staying there!! Resonator is on the top shelf on the right.
  • Options
    Closer look
  • Options
    Overall I think we achieved a breakthrough last night. I felt that the sound in my listening room had reached a level of transparency that I've never experienced before even in expensive high end stereo listening rooms in shops around the world. I have to thank PT for his experience and patience!
  • Options
    That's crazy and beyond my normal logic! Why would a resonator inside the ac con or the fridge would change the sound?
  • Options
    I will pass you one today so that you can test and report back.
  • Options
    ok ok... I surrender. I have one inside my fridge now!