Skip to content
Options

Standout demos at CES 2008

Greetings to all you forum browsers,

Reading this forum is very interesting and sometimes damn bewildering, isn't it ? Every piece of equipment is almost a masterpiece and the employment of all these electronics will surely enable any proud audiophile confident of achieving one the best systems in the world.

Well, truth to tell, system compatibility, speaker placement and room acoustics are the major hurdles which PREVENT every serious audiophile from reaching his/her hi-fi nirvana.

I have just read a short piece of write-up on 2008 CES, the editor of a mainstream hi-fi portal who owns a pair of the W. A. speakers and also loathes horn speakers surprisingly voted Zanden/Cessaro system as the top of the standout demos at this year CES show, see the link below : http://www.soundstage2.com/lasvegas2008/standout_zanden.html

Let me quote the last para of the coverage :

" The speakers let the sweet signature of the Zanden electronics shine through, but the entire presentation was blazingly fast and endlessly open, even in a hotel room that was probably too small for speakers of this size. No matter -- this system was truly memorable. Marc may not be ready to own a pair of horn speakers, but he's found one he'd consider reviewing. "

I strongly believe those (concert goers) who have not heard Zanden electronics esp. its pre and power amp combo have missed out a lot as it is my experience Zanden recreates the colour and ambience of live music better than other systems I have heard. The use of Cessaro further elevates the benefit of system of synergy and from what the AE duo reported earlier after their recent home visits, the Zanden/Cessaro system really kicked ass to put it bluntly.

Mr Z

Comments