Skip to content
Options

CCN's choice: Full Suite of Da Vinci Electronics

After a painfully long waiting time, they finally reached the home of ccn last evening. The PSE300B monoblock amplifier (parallel single ended design of 16watt in pure class A.) The meticulous quality of the chassis is superb!

Comments

• Options
    I was as exctied as ccn during the installation process.
  • Options
    The 1st active preamp from Da Vinci. This baby in real life looks substantial. It is damn heavy. Further listening in the next 1 hour made me feel it is not too much different from the passive preamp in my own Grandezza system.
  • Options
    This is the world first's full system pic of the Da Vinci Preziuso Line. The active preamp is connected to the PSE300B mono block via a special 5-pin XLR cable. The signal goes directly to the grid of the 300b tube. There is no pcb inside both the preamp and the poweramp. Everything is hard wired point to point. The transformers are al hande made by the house of Da Vinci upthere in the snowy mountain in Switzerland.

ccn was doing the final check before turning them on.....
  • Options
    A complete suite of finest electronics from Swiss
  • Options
    After about half an hour of listening, ccn said to me, "PT, I don't think I need a vinyl-based system."

CCN owns the world's first set of Preziuso preamp/poweramp without listening. His decision was based on an auditioning of the Grandezza system at my home 3 months ago. Ever since, he was poisoned as he thinks the delivery of musicality via the Da Vinci system is very unique.

He did show some concern about whether the 16watt class A poweramp can drive his Verity speakers with only 89db sensitivty. He did some researches on the AE forum. Marvel had written an article of his listening experience of Da Vinci driving the Kharma midi exquisite. Marvel thought it was the best experience ever on the Kharma despite the availability of 16watt worth of class A power.

The Da Vinci system drives the low sensitivity Verity Speakers very well. The sound is always very controlled all the time. The bass is full with weight and rhythm. The "elasticity" feeling is very good. Of course, when it comes to the reproduction of strings and vocal (soprano) which is the key strength of the Da Vinci, we were melted down.

The electronics were fed by "chicken pc" only now. And he is only using the stock 300b tubes. There are tremendous room to further improve this system.

I am truly grateful of ccn's passion on music (especially western classical) that leads him to find this dream system. The whole system looks and sounds classy on the craze rack.
  • Options
    ccn,

You still need the vinyl system if you wish to explore the full potential of the DV active amplificaitons. As we discussed last time, you need to draw more details from the CD source and I strongly recommend you to replace the digital link in-between.

Marvel
  • Options
    The Preziuso keep singing after PT leave. When i listen to Eva Cassidy CD in the late night, i thought i m in the bar where Eva performing. now i understand why people said the live like - Eason concert at PT place. Then i play a four season, i finally get melting down by the Preziuso's perform. Although, the Preziuso could play well in all kind of music, but the most advantage is on the expression of the classical music, the Da Vinci has its own style and taste! a really good taste!!!!!

A good hourse can teach you ride, A good Amp can teach you listen. it really does telling me the beauty of music!
  • Options
    Marval,

I agree very much the vinyl still in upper hand in compare with any ultimate CD source. of course, i m welcome with LP, but pls allow me take some time to join with you guys, after i repair the hole in my pocket!!!

c.c.n
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

By the way, the sysrem now is really sound close to LP, they r telling me story in every late night. pls allow me set up some time, and you come to prove it.

Calvin
  • Options
    c.c.n.
    Thank you very much for your confidence in our products. With great pleasure I read your first opinion about the Preziosa S.
    My guide is the concert hall and I try to reproduce this ambiance as real as possible in customers room.

I wish you a lot of interesting listening hours and enjoyment with this DaVinciAudio Preziosa S system.

Best musical Regards from Switzerland
    Peter
    DaVinciAudio Labs

• Options
    Peter,

Thanks! I ve taste a bit on your design concept & i think Da Vinci does a really good job.

My friend ask me question this morning: how does the "air" extention?
    I told him, i could not here any extention, but feel sitting in the concert hall or cafe, it comes with natural.

• Options
    CCN Hing, So when your setting finish, please allow me to visit your home.:)
    Frankly, I belive the power of Da Vinci system but CD source and LP source is different thing, you can’t escape finally I bet.
  • Options
    c.n.n.

do you mean the three dimensionality... The feeling sitting in the concert hall...

Our circuit design, continuous transformer coupling, as well as its own transformer, which I developed and optimized over many many years, helps to reach this sound potential.

Enjoy the music
    Peter
  • Options
    Last night, the 2nd listen & the first 10 hours on Preziosa S. These frist active pre-amp from Da Vinci Audio is detail, i heard more in some tract which i never notice. The Mid with weight & texture, Soundstage is much huge than my previous amp! both side & deepth extend at least 2 feets+, the bass is not those big slam, but as PT said the bass is weight and rhythm with good "elasticity". I tried on some more piano solo, i can heard/feel the pinaist's finger dancing!!! I m not sure is this call "three dimensionality", when i play "RR-Icon of Eros", i feel the background as huge as Saint Paul church where they record, i found the "air" at final cut still not reach to the top of the church, i think these amp still need more run-in, but the performance still make me WOW!

During listening to the Preziosa S. The picture which J Lam posted was go through my mind. The "colour of the music" simular with that picture, freash air, clean & white snow with blue sky. The music is comfortable, relax, emotion & enjoyable, I ve a strong feeling, i m sitting there and having a cup of tea. who gonna join me?

• Options
    I ve recived some messege from my friends, they concern how the 16W class A working with 87-89db Speaker. This is an important part i forgot to mention, Not the muscular type, but with superb "Control" power!!! I never expect they are that good, this is the extra bouns for me. hahaha.... i tried last night, better texture when increasing volume, even volume close to max, the music still perfect!
    The quality of volume control is quite good which only 23 step and some credit on the hand feeling!!! (i m glad there r no remote on the pre-amp,)