Skip to content
Options

Hello from Sweden!

Hello audio friends!
My name is Mikael Karlsson and posting from Sweden.

I have been lurking on this excellent forum/site for a rather long time and thought i´d make a post.

In the photo you can see my gear (in a total mess)..i´m having a sideboard with dampening custom built and hope to have it ready before christmas. Then it will hopefully look much better ;-)

As many of you on the forum i´m a great fan of the Horninghybrid equipment and you´ll probably recognize many of the things in the picture
SATI ultimate amp
SATI transport
PS Audio PPP (makes a world soundwise)

MONSTERDAC...built by Mr. Ole Nielsen , the man who helped Tommy Horning building the SATI DAC/Transport, this is a dual mono construction based on the same AD 1865 as in the SATI. Also containing LC audio clock and "Black gate" capacitors and a powersupply grande...reveals what there is to reveal on the cd but still magically musical....

What else....
Horning reference cables
Agile Powercords terminated with Furutech Rodium
The interconnect is a swedish cable called silk, so is the digital cable..both terminated with Furutech rodium as well.
I have done some tube rolli´n and replaced the stock EH 6sn7 with NOS matched Sylvania ´52 "Bad boys" and soon i will try NOS Sylvania 5U4G for the rectifier(thanks J.Lam for the kind advise)
As i said i hope to publish a better photo with the rack in place but this will have to do for now;-)
Best Regards
Mikael Karlsson

Comments