Tonearm – Tri-planar Vll
Cartridge - ???
Air-tight PC-1
ClearAudio Goldfinger
Can any user share some experience?
Many thank for help!!!

Comments

• Options
    studiogrey, it depends on what music you like. I tend to prefer goldfinger. The dynamic is crazy! No experience on air tight, can't give honest comment.
  • Options
    Thank Ken Hing.
    gold finger has a good reputation.
    I listen the air-tight today, the low to mid range is very dynamic but feel the high is a little bit dim.
    any other owner of PC-1 can share? please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    I was a user of goldfinger. I agree that the goldfinger delivers unbelievable dynamics, heatbeating rhythm and full of details on all frequency.

The PC-1 by airtight is actually the bigger brother of Emminent catridge. The Emminent was very well recevied in Japan because of low impedance and high output design. The Japanese made cartrige usually sounds very smooth, a little bit roll of a the top and the magic is always the mid range. Although I never listen to the PC-1 before, I got a feeling that what you listened is correct. I do not prefer low impedance and high output design because difficult to find a phono to match it well.

I am surprised you are not asking the Da Vinci Grandezza cartridge. Veterans here such as Voy, Jeff, Alex, the horning guy in Shanghai and PT have at least one. Lately, I bought one more for extra storage because I feel on the music that I like, this cartridge produces true musicality, very different from the type of musicality by thickening up the mid range.

Marvel bro, as far as what I was told was dying to get one for his DV arm.

I agree with Ken. It depends on what you want. If you want an sensational dynamic experience, the goldfinger is the best. If you want a subtle musical experience, the Da Vinci cartridge is just unique.
  • Options
    Just a word of caution, Studiogrey,

You are not using DV arm and all the above owners of DV cartridge are DV arm owners as well. I have not heard any comments so far on a DV cartridge on the Tri-planar arm. A few nights ago you visited my place and you have seen the superb craftmanship of DV arm...why don't you consider one instead?

Puyi, yes indeed, DV cartridge....I will get there...but now the priority is the speakers and a little bit of pleasant surprises coming up in the next 1-2 weeks...PT has not told me yet but he said I will be crazy for it...

Marvel
  • Options
    Thank, The reason set up the second turntable system because I would like to experience the different taste of Vinyl, my prime system is very well for delivery the musical sound and good for vocal and classical but the technical setup for turntable is a lot of fun, I wanna learn more on it but the prime system can't change anything because factory setting is just perfect especially when connect the in house phone-M.
    I difficult to tell what music I prefer because I had what I want already but just would like to discovery the possibility of Vinyl world.
  • Options
    I vote for the goldfinger.
  • Options
    GF is an all rounder with unprecedented dynamics, rhythm without scarifying details. I used Eminent before which I think it is a value performer at this price range.

As you have been enjoying the 天鵝 setup, GP will give you a totally different and relatively modern experience. Unless you are a die hard Classical fans, otherwise GF is my recommendation. Of course, you may consider a 3rd analog setup with Davinci Arm + Cartridge.

GF is a cartridge to keep even I am planning to get a Davinci Grandezza. Please share more with your Triplanar + GF. As I am planning for a phantom arm for my GF.

Cheers
    Bigpiece
  • Options
    two five son, I'm coming!!
    thank Ken, Puyi, Julian and Bigpiece Hing.