Skip to content
Options

天鵝盤是絕世好野

Grey兄,相信你已經是保護天鵝的使者。我祗聽過三十分鐘,那種充滿動感的音樂將我溶化。雖在毫無準備下,但有建行業積的幫助,再得知Grey兄也出了手,我的最後大動作就是做保護天鵝的使者!其實我部天鵝前已有高質內置"瘋奴",所以又可節省下費用。

我今年真係變了瘋佬!

Comments

• Options
    發哥,買天鵝仔絕對係正確的決定,往後軟件的投資才叫人變”瘋佬”
    提議買一个taralab地盒入ground,昨晚一試,減噪真係有效.
    今早聽咗成個鐘才出門,呢種激情宜家好少有.
  • Options
    Grey,

Congratulations! I must find time with you to visit you and your new toy...

Marvel

Please give me a ring when free...
  • Options
    grey兄,天鵝盤玩成點?被毒死未?
  • Options
    發哥,都真係好正,每晚均會聽个多小時.
    昨天將原裝金屬脚釘改用isoclean的釘(黑色配白色芯)
    鋼琴的泛音散得好咗同小提琴聲中的一絲絲光亮軟化咗.
    真係越聽越喜歡
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

You have a great turntable. I listened to it a few times in other countries. It constantly impresses me, more music than any modern design. For another forum, I notice you are using a solid state phono stage. For the best reproduction without distorting the music message intended by the original design, it may be better to use phono of the same house.

KC
  • Options
    Studiogrey,

Thanks for allowing me to visit you last night which was a very enjoyable session. 天鵝仔 is no doubt a very legendary and classy piece of gears and I believe if you match it with a phono of the same brand, it would shine. As you can see, 天鵝仔is an all-in-one package and the design is end to end, phono of the same brand may not be the same ultra hi-end level as other market leaders but I would believe this couple would reveal the true musical intention of the designer. You may see from other threads that people are urging me to use DV cartridge on the DV arm instead of the Dynavertor, I think it is the same argument. My forward plan is to use DV cartridge on the DV arm and use the Dynavector on another tonearm (yet to be identified). The other alternative is obviously Wavac given its flexibility and your other Wavac gears down the system chain.

We discussed on the comparison between C-cable and A-cable. My view is any objective comparison must be done with an adequately wide range of music and base on a wider variety of hi-fi vocabularies. If one can come with one piece of music and pick a few attributes to draw a conclusion on the overall performance of 2 cables, this is rather premature and inconclusive. I am not a cable expert but no doubt a cable freak. My experience is one can tell the characteristic of a cable in a short while after listening to 3-4 pieces of music for a 3-4 minutes each. But comparing 2 cables does require a more lengthy time and for people like me, I really need to ABAB swapping the cables and listening to them extensively for a longer period of time. My honest opinion is do not draw conclusion too quick . An example that I can quote to you is, years ago, I was using a P-power cable for a long time and bought a N-cable for a trial. The mid bass reproduced by N-cable is marvelous and punchy, I could hardly find any other cable that could match the kind of impactful feel produced by the N-cable. On further listening, I found that N-cable was in fact unable to dive into the deeper bass zone and the effect on the midbass is just sensational enough to draw my attention away from its inherent deficiency. That N-cable was once in yuor power amp and I am glad that you have replaced it.

You have rightly identified the priority in terms of improving the overall performance, get the right rack as the vibration feedback from the floor is tremedously affecting the performance of the turntable. Put the power amp back to the floor with SRA platform. With all these changes, I am sure your system will truly produce flying colors and you will hear a much wider gap between your LP system and the E-CD source. Get the room acoustics expert to extend the treatment with minimal disruption to the living environment. I personally see this is the most cost-effective way to yield back the frequency extensions and soundstaging that your gears should have produced rather than putting more money on cables and spikes to squeeze out the missing bits. They are there but somewhat blurred up by the environment only.

After all, I can hear a lot of the potential of your system and myself and Leung were most impressed by the 833 power amp...a really big 'wow' pairing with Midi !!!

Once again, congratulations in owing all these jewels and they are all now in your hands to make them shine.....

Marvel
  • Options
    昨晚多謝Marvel Bro的到訪,帶咗好多正黑膠來,也比我知道頭版的威力同再版的不濟…
    Royal ballet 係一隻我唔知点解咁有名气的碟.當早版LP唱起之後.動態之強同音色的連綿不絕.名盤終於為她自己正名!
    宜家唱LP有一個問題是,可能要投入巨資買頭版/早版LP碟.
    個Chord係整個器材的弱點,容我考量要怎改善.當然同牌子是首選.
    再一次多謝Marvel的意見.
    Ken 兄,會否配個天鵝盤玩一套天鵝.
  • Options
    My pleasure, Studiogrey,

On LP hardware, I may not be experienced to help...on software, I do can help sourcing some good quality LPs for you. I recently have developed a hobby of collecting good quality LPs.

For the sound issue that we discussed before noon, try another phono before you throw a much bigger sum for the phono.

Marvel
  • Options
    I find those ##re-issue version not missing the details, but lost most of the deepness & emotion.

Maybe the investment of "The first press game" will be larger than "The cable game" but we will have much more happier by the result!

• Options
    Studiogrey, I will eventually get one because no other tt impresses me as much as yours. There are many 天鵝 veterans, all of them uses the phono of the same brand. The whole setup is designed as one single solution, all parameters are optimized. This is good for lazy man like myself, really no time to do all kind of adjustment and matching. My objective is to listen to music, not really the process.
  • Options
    grey兄,我的天鵝盤Saturday到!
  • Options
    多謝Marvel, ccn, azzuri和週六的拜訪, 天鵝盤好堅, 我好happy! 另外多謝grey兄讓我玩塊SRA先, 沒有它天鵝盤不能發揮到盡!
  • Options
    另外我連跟機條power都剪埋, 改用Flow, 全頻改進明顯十分大, 多謝Peter兄賜教.
  • Options
    Hi guys, I also own a 天鵝盤. The 天鵝盤 is worth every dollar I pay. The flagship 天鵝 preamp needs months to burn-in (the 2 big oil caps and the 2 OPT takes time to become saturatred) and its very sensitive to the power supply, the stock power cord can't do it any justice, be patience, it will blossom after a few months use. You'll know when it rocks with the Iron Butterfly.

Fat Kor, FMR is definitely better than the Flow in powering the 天鵝盤, I've tried it myself.
  • Options
    The Ohio is used under the 天鵝盤 in my place only for 3 days.Here is my opinion, for the past 30+ years of my hi-fi life, only a handful of equipments that have thrilled me regardless of price, the Ohio platform is one of them.Send my regards to SRA, they have done something 'breathe-taking', a real break-through in hi-fi racks/platform design.