Skip to content
Options

EE digital BNC to BNC

It may be the best digital cable amongst the EE series (Bocchino XLR/Brenda RCA)

Comments

• Options
    another shot
  • Options
    BNC should be the best interface for transmitting digital signals
  • Options
    Does it good for me? What different with SMR Digital?
  • Options
    Don't listen to it if you are enjoying your system. The I2S Zanden digital cable between the transport and the dac is irreplaceable. For the best reproduction of tonal purity, I can't live with EE digital on opera recording. The articulation of lyrics dynamism at the ultra upper reigster always drives me into an ear-gasm. The I2S clock link cable provides better spatial details due to the clock-link schematic.
  • Options
    Marvel, what's the differences between bnc, rca and xlr in your EE dig experience?
  • Options
    Julian,

I have the RCA and XLR version and tried in the past comparing RCA and XLR digital. I asked AE before if there is a BNC digital by Argento but this is a 'custom made' item so I passed.

Between RCA and XLR, they both have the same very linear character. At such level, the design of the DAC plays a very critical role and I have used both of them on the Zanden and Heritage DACs yielding slightly different results. RCA is slightly better in all fronts (2-5%) than the XLR when being used in Zanden but it is the other way round when they are hooked up to the Heritage. My assessment, again, not entirely conclusive, is that both cables are of the same level of 'competence' and it really depends on the design transport and DAC.

At this moment, I am using the i2S cable between the Zanden transport and DAC while leading a XLR EE digital into the Heritage. RCA EE retired for the time being.

PT told me BNC is the standard for digital link and I used BNC-BNC for the clock link between Burmester 969-970 long time ago. In my simple view, BNC is just a RCA with an extra lock, the gist is really on the 75ohm impedance. Not sure if this is right or not.

I believe PT would use this specially made digital link on his HAD DAC.

Marvel

• Options
    I echo Voy's view as I really find EE digital not having a total upper hand over the i2S cable when linking up the Zanden combo...
  • Options
    Does RCA & XLR has different ohm? What is the different in Different ohm?
  • Options
    name in wrong type !

Does RCA & XLR has different ohm?(some brand r different!) What is the different in Different ohm?

• Options
    Marvel, you got me wrong. What I meant is I cannot live WITHOUT the EE digital on opera recording. The I2S cable has no edge over the EE digital on this regards.