Skip to content
Options

Mr.So, your cyroed 805 for Wavac arrived

Contact ah Hung.

Comments

• Options
    Hi P.T.,

Thanks. Already contacted Ah Hung and will be very excited to replace my existing pair with these cyroed stuff this weekend. Will share some experience with you after the burn-in period which should take at least a week, right?

Danny

• Options
    Danny, welcome to AE. Charles told me you are very experienced listener. I would like to meet up with you sometimes when you are free as I like to talk about acoustics, which is by far the area that is least concerned by audiophiles, in my subjective opinion.

The cyro 805 will be better than the stock 805 right out of the box even without run-in. Allow for a few hours, the bassline will begin to develop nicely.

PT
  • Options
    Danny,

How do you like the Zanden dac? Can you share more? I changed the stock tube to cyroed 6922 Philips Special Quality tube with flying colors, much more quiet and more resolution on all frequencies, especially the bass.

PT
  • Options
    Hi P.T.,

In my opinion, room acoustic is the least investment but the best result to the enjoyment of music. Unfortunately, most people in Hong Kong like me have to use the living room as our listening area. The limited and unbalance space really downgrades the performance of our system, the installation of tube traps and diffusors can ease the problem but most our house boss won't allow these kinky look monsters park into our living room.

When I visited Charles house last time, he did demonstrate the performance of your highly recommended resonator to me and I was deeply impressed by the stunning improvement to the imaging and soundstage of his system. Wish this little cute thing could do some magic to my listening room.

The Zanden dac is awesome, its very analog sound make me enjoy the music CD after CD without paying any attention to soundstage, resolution, imaging…… Don't get the wrong idea they are not good in other areas, in fact they are pretty good in every aspect as well. If budget is not an issue, I would love to see the Zanden transport rest on my rack next month. It however is still the first priority in my upgrade list in 08. I don't have the NOS Philips 6922, but I did try Telefunken E88CC & Siemens E288CC. Telefunken is too hi-fi for me, not my cup of tea, I prefer the Siemens as it provides smoother mid-range, more details and clear bass with a very good tonal balance.

I would like to meet you as well because there should be a lot of things I can learn from you especially the theory behind the magic resonator. Perhaps I should visit your home first since my system is still under run-in period, if okay Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon fits me the best.

Danny
  • Options
    Danny,

Charles told me you are well versed in room acoustics tool. Good, we can talk a lot about it. Charles really understands his room now, and this guy is very hard working on his system.

The Zanden dac is superb. Of all of AE fellows, everyone one of them use it straight for 3-4 years, which is very unusual for audiophiles. Even Marvel bro (nickname Hi Fi Playboy) had to buy it back after a short departure of it.

Yamada san of Zanden has many years of experiences in live concert. He participates in organizing concerts as well as participating in designing concert halls in Japan. When the Zanden 2000p transport partners with the Zanden dac, the atmosphere of live concert (live concert recordings) will be recreated to the limit permits by your acoustics. I called this the BIG PICTURE MUSICALITY. The sound will be tonally coherenet with a "continuous" soundstage, as opposed to a "broken" soundstage ( a broken soundstage as I definite it as a big virtual space englufing musical objects standing still on the virtual space like a dead puppet. They do not communicate with each other, and yet you feel that there is a space engulfing them. Some may say the imagings in a broken soundstage is rock solid but in a live concert setting, it should not be so pin-point exact.)

Telefunken has too much energy in the upper high which coincide with the cermaic drivers of your Avalon. Are you using Simemens now?

Both Hung and Charles told me you are very knowledgeable audiophile. No problem at all to visit me. It is just that you may need to accommodate my schedule because my maid left all of a sudden and I have a 7 year old baby to take care without help.

• Options
    P.T.,

Many systems can reproduce huge soundstage with sharp images, however always a broken one. I truly believe this Zanden combo can deliver a continuous soundstage with lots of harmonics and excellent hall effect. As a clasiical music lover, this combo is really I have been looking for.

Of course I am using Siemens now, but I would like to try the Philips one as well.

Understood your situation, just let me know when you can be available and hopefully I can fit in.

Charles,

Do you want to join us?

Danny
  • Options
    Danny,

Should be 7 months old baby.

OK, let me try to arrange a da vinci session.

PT
  • Options
    P.T.,

Thanks.

Danny

• Options
    Danny, time is tight for me this weekend as I have to make a speech in the afternoon tomorrow. Then, my wife is sick. Life without a servant really sucks especially when you just become father! I am exhausted now.

I promise I will try to arrange a session to meet you asap.
  • Options
    PT

Do u need a servant? I got a good agent! Call me if you need help!
  • Options
    P.T.,

No problem, just take good care of your family. We can meet whenever you have some free time.

Danny

• Options
    Danny,

What is your gain position on the PR-T1 and the 805? At the time of your listening session, which recordings were you listening to?

PT
  • Options
    Danny,

Ger a phase corrector and put it in the middle of your rear wall behind the speakers. You will be very surprised by such a small piece of wooden block.

PT
  • Options
    danny, did you try silver resonator and the phase corrector?
  • Options
    PT,

I did play around them for less than an hour, the resonator put on the front wall is quite promising. I need more time to experiment them this weekend, can you provide me 4 more silver resonator and 1 phase corrector? Hopefully I can use them to rebuild a more balance soundstage especially the positioning of the double bass in an orchestral piece.

Danny