Skip to content
Options

Acoustic System Resonators in False Ceilings

I kept getting a boominess with my new Hornings, that I could not explain. After discussing with PT, and describing the presence of a false ceiling over my listening area (quite large - almost a 2nd floor), we decided to tackle this,.
Today, I climbed thru one of holes in the ceiling (they keep for water heaters) and placed a Platinum resonator through the hole.
The effect and change was startling. The boominess was gone, and the sound was cleaner. However, I felt that the platinum resonators actually worked too well. The overall sound of my system actually became a little too damped ... quiet and meek!
PT suggested I try the Gold resonators which should do the trick, which we will be trying soon. Will let you know the progress!
Its amazing how the resonators keep impressing me all the time!

Comments

• Options
    what is the difference between gold and platinum? You climbed into the ceiling and put the platinum cup inside, and the boominess is gone? It is unthinkable. If the problem is gone, why change to gold? I don't really understand how they work but it seems everyone is shocked by these cups.