Skip to content
Options

線海無涯,不能自拔

由第一條FLOW開始,我發 夢也想不到會製造了一個FLOW海在機架後!

Comments

• Options
    由於銀彈有限,唯有叫老李收條FMR換兩條FLOW比新的膽後用。但FMR用用在排蘇在主線,真是技聲四座!沒有線能取替FMR的地位。起初用兩條FMR在Ayre MXR上,有點booming和太勁的感覺,所以放翻比呀李。唉,我現在好很後悔!因為PT搞完Room Acoustics後才知道是房的問題。再向老李到,已經閃一聲賣了比獵人哥哥掃了。

我借過多須頂班電源線在ORB排蘇上也冇一條能揪低FMR,透明感,量感,動態等等,真係黎得好自然,其餘的總有些頻段突出來。

查兄,你套貴價黃金俠真係要比兩條FMR佢地試下,你地方更大,器材夠班,你一定被嚇破膽!
  • Options
    我希望港交所可再為我的音響生涯添上色彩,可讓我一次upgrade到SMR喇叭線!現在條Serenity到好靚聲,但我知查兄條SR先夠班數。
  • Options
    Fat gor,

There is one more power cord that would fit best between power socket and power bar: SMR EE. I have tried it in my setup and the best combination is to use SMR EE in that position to yield the most balanced and neutral transmissin of energy across the entire bandwidth. Let the FR/ FMR do the refinement job by connecting them from the power bar to the gears. To me, the bass clarity of SMR EE is still a slight edge over FMR. There is no clear winner but the difference is just like Canon lenses and Nikkor lenses.

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel大大,老李話SMR EE電源線已經停產,你的介紹只有心領。FMR用在高效率的Horning相信和SMR EE的距離收窄,你同意嗎?
  • Options
    Fat gor,

I would think the opposite although I have yet proven it. In a high-efficiency speaker system, one doesn't require a power amp with a large wattage output but it doesn't imply the power amp is LESS sensitive to the power input and quite the contrary, I 'suspect' the power amp would be more sensitive to the power cord and any degradation from the power, and in fact from the source signal would be nakedly shown by the HE speaker like viewed under a magnifying glass.

Having said that, this is a hypothesis for us to verify. May be I can bring a SMR EE to your place so that we can swap testing it with FMR between the wall socket and power bar.

Marvel
  • Options
    想毒我?不如你找查兄試下先啦,佢套野夠班好多!我同意你講法,但考慮價錢分別之大,高效率喇叭可能主要分別兩者不同性格而己,末必是高低之分。究竟SMR EE和FMR同出一脈。
  • Options
    Fat hing,

I am not trying to 'poison' you as even if SMR EE power is extremely poisonous, you konw it will not be produced anymore. Just want to find an excuse to visit your newly set up system as PT has made very good comment on your system set up after getting the new amps.

I believe FMR is just the beginning, as a cable freak still, I am expecting to see FMR SE, FMR EE coming up in the future...wow....

Marvel

(NB. Certainly the setup in Charles place is extremely assuring, this is another system which PT appraises highly)...
  • Options
    PT話查兄對Eufrodite將會是最好的一對,比星州那對有多項改進,他話低音將會易搞好多,又有Finite Element腳。聽講話噴漆今週才完成,嘩,噴漆都成個月,下週送去德國組合,真係大陣象!

我覺得Horning不易玩好,考技術,稍有差池,班友就話唔掂。玩了它後,學了好多野。我的目標是玩大Horning。聽聞上海有位大哥將會用終極Horning,唔敢想象咩料!

Marvel大大,你覺得走上了高效之路能走回頭路嗎?我現在覺得好多喇叭都好濛,得個清字又或者得個厚字。
  • Options
    I listened to marvel's speaker neo in mongkok a few times. I think this speaker is much better than watt 6/7 (not heard watt 8), the sound balance is well although I want more bass. The bass rolls over quick about 60hz. I never like sound of ceramic, so this speaker also better than avalon and kharma 3.2 or kharma 1.1. Many like the ceramic clear sound. I don't. They are ringing sound mistake as high note extension.

Your small hornings have much more clarity especially in the middle range, there is much more bass, and more of everything. Although not fair compare high efficient speaker with speakrs like neo, wilson, avalon, kharma, the small horning is clear a bargain.

Everyone like different things. But I general agree high efficiency is a better and more efficeint way to music.
  • Options
    Marvel, I know the story of your SMR EE with Esoteric electronics in Ah Yee's store a few months ago. The sales people there still say this powercord is really something crazy. Good news they no longer production. To us, FMR is the best now, ha ha.
  • Options
    Hunter,

That comparison was really hectic and cannot be conclusive at all. SMR EE is really one great power cord that could be the best suiting my needs. I have 2 FMRs and 1 Flow as well. This is a new breed from Argento and I really look forward to FMR interconnect, FMR SE, FMR EE etc...this company has a clear roadmap and development strategy.

Marvel