Skip to content
Options

Karan Preamp

Czech product, remarkable dynamics with unprecedented neutrality and linearity. Absolutely transparent. Again, invitation to Karan user to join in and share some of the experience.

Comments

• Options
    Wong, karan is very true dynamic. The mono block shakes my mansion. I say the preamp is no different from high quality tube transparency.
  • Options
    Jeff,

Should I therefore replace the Baldur300 with the Karan Monoblock. Quite a difficult decision and the choice is not straight forward. In terms of matching, do you think Syren preamp should pair with Karan mono (tube+SS) and in turn, Karan preamp should match with Baldur300 (SS+tube). I was under that kind of thinking when decided to go for Baldur300 instead of a suite of Karan preamp+power.

Marvel
  • Options
    Wong, your syren has phono config. You can use it as phonostage. How large is your listening area? The karan mono need big space to do good. The syren links to the baldur 300 in my mansion. Sound is fast, very detailed and clear. Dynamic and control, I feel Karan is still better.

Are you happy with the sound? It must be good sound. I think time to add a vinyl source is good. Don't change without reasons. Who knows there may be a baldur level linestage soon?
  • Options
    Yes, Baldur level of preamp would be most exciting given their Eklipse Reference is already a big bang in the buck! Do you think DarZeel preamp is worth a try?

Well the sound couldn't be better with a fine position of the speaker recently. Linnman helped me to move the neo 8-10inches farther away from the rear wall thus giving it more space to breathe...

Marvel