Skip to content
Options

Horning Eufrodites arrive in Singapore...

Comments

• Options
    Katongkid,

I am happy for you! Share more with Shanghai Bigpiece. He is driving the Eufrodite with the Wavac MD805 too. Charles in Hong Kong has almost exactly the same system as you. I should say exactly the same because you will use Wavac PR-T1 soon.

The whole community is excited about your speakers. Pt told me he received more than 6 sms enquiring your setup. Maybe, we should set up a Singapore trip for AE fellow to meet you and other audiophiles there.

Please report the sound as it warms up further.

JLam Music Nation
  • Options
    Jlam,

One of the SMS was sent by me half-complaining about how come the quality of the Eufrodite can be so perfect !! I need to talk to you on a special custom made wooden panel for the C. How about a 'LV' monogram?

Marvel
  • Options
    Katongid, Charles, Shanghai Bigpiece, I am envious of you guys having the space to own this speakers. I listened to it twice in AE with both Zanden and Heritage playing Eason Chan Concert. Ever since I cannot find any speakers reproducing the live feeling of it. The vocal is so real and the guitar speed is very fast and dynamic. I will eventually change camp soon to tube/high efficiency.

I have not heard the Cessaro because I don't want to be poisoned. Marvel, dosen't LV monogram is kind of ...... too "street ordinary for the women"? Mr.Zanden's pair of Cessaro has the best wood veneer I have ever seen, there are no fractures at all.
  • Options
    Julian,

You know I was joking. In fact, both Eufro and Cessaro are speakers that could poison you on first hearing....appearance aside.

Marvel
  • Options
    Katongkid, we both got a superb pair of speakers. They require long burn-in time. The mid-range takes time to develop. Your speakers position seems too close to the rear wall. Try to pull it out towards you more. You listening area is good.

Ju, don't step on the toes of Marvel bro. He got exotic taste. A pair of ultra high-end horn painted with LV logos could sell for a few millions in the current crazy market. You got to understand Marvel bro from within, not from the outside.
  • Options
    Hmmm.. yes I DO want to pull it out further. Its NOT that I don't have space. Its my wife! She will make noise about the speakers blocking the walking space! And I need to keep her happy so she won't start complaining about how much I've been spending!
    I also wanted to share my great appreciation for PT's amazing dedication and support. I bet NO ONE can name any outfit but AudioExotics that will actually FLY from Hong Kong to Singapore to assist with my setup. I was not only shocked but very very VERY grateful. You now have a customer (and friend) for life!!
  • Options
    Katongkid

Glad to know you have the newest Eufrodite and the superb combo. In my limited experience the Eufrodite shouldn't be placed too close to the back wall, otherwise the sonic quality will somehow suffer.

Charles
  • Options
    Katongkid, thanks for the kind words. This is my passion from within.

We have plenty Eufrodite users here. I encourage you to share more of your experiences of them. Charles is VERY experienced as he tests numerous speaker positions EVERY WEEK! In fact, Charles and Mr.Zanden have similar view on the Eufrodite, i.e. no need to be TOO far away from the rear wall. Of course, you need to find out what is the optimal distance of them from the rear wall.

Also, it is Shanghai Bigpiece who recommends to use the FE feet and I think they work very well!

How is the platinum resonator doing above the huge false ceiling? We are keen to learn from your experience.
  • Options
    Charles, what's the minimum distance from the walls? My Eufrodites are around 1m right now.

PT, as for the Platinum resonator, I can only put it in my false ceiling above my kitchen. Do you think it is too far away? The space above the false ceiling is the same size and height of my dining room and kitchen. Will one resonator be enough? I am going to try it out tomorrow during the day.

The FE feets sound great. There was noticeable improvement to the sound after installing it.
  • Options
    Katongkid,

You have to try. But I guess the resonator should be put where the empty space is the most vast. As long as the false ceiling is continous and physically linked together, the platinum inside the false ceiling in the kitchen area should be OK. Next time, I will bring new product from acoustic system to clean up your room further. They are the Acoustic NOISE FILTER and Acoustic PHASE CORRECTOR.

Charles,

I want to treat your room further with NOISE FILTER and PHASE CORRECTOR. They are all made by wood, inexpensive but highly effective. You will understand much more about room acoustics with them.
  • Options
    I'm also a user of the early generation of Eufro for more than 9 months, yes, it is very very sensitive to placement but I don't find it too demanding on room size and decor. Some damping (curtain, carpet etc) is preferred to tame out some anomalies in the high-mid. Mr. Zanden is right about the irregularities in the Eufro's human voice character, and this is the only fault that bothers me, not bad for a speaker design cause I've heard worse, 2-3 times of the price. My time with the Eufro indicates overly away from the rear wall will make the sound images diffuse, too much toe-in will make the sound tense, and lack of openness, bi-wire is definitively better, screws to all units have to be tightened every 2 months by half a turn or about, the Eufro hates humid weather. Lastly, the Eufro is not demanding at all, I once connected it to a cheap UK made transistor amp, it sounded very good to my surprice, so if you have the Eufro, you don't need half a million to beef up the other gears.
  • Options
    Hi guys,
    I read thru my last note on the Eufro, I may be too harsh in only describing the wrongs without mentioning the virtues. Amongst all the full range speaker systems available in the market, the Eufro is one of the best regardless of price. You can get real bass in full dimension from the Eufro, room size is not a major concern in terms of bass reproduction, what you need is a good amp with decent control ability.The mid range is transparant and juicy, how you want to shape it depends on the amplification used, you don't need to worry about the highs, they are as good as heaven no matter what gears you use. So the crucial mid of the Lowther unit dictates the sound of the Eurfo, try it with amps of different make will certainly benefit you to know more about your speaker. Also, you don't need to worry about the hi-fi aspects of the Eufro(width,depth, soundataging, dynamics etc), the Eufro is the first class. Afterall, what I can say is that every dollar I spent on the Eufro worth the money I pay, but not the other pieces I own such as the Ongaku, it is a very good amp but the price is not right.
  • Options
    Charles is a happy man after further treatment tonight. I put two phase corrector inside the hole of the Eufrodite with astonishing improvement.
  • Options
    PT, can you tell me more about the Phase Corrector? What does it do? Which hole in the Eufrodite?
    Charles, can you take a photo and post it? Thanks!
  • Options
    The hole is at the back of the speaker (bottom close to the floor). Yours have a NET covering the hole and hence cannot see it. The phase corrector is a special wood designed to tackle the problem of acoustical phase shift, which is usually located in RIGHT ANGLED locations.