Skip to content
Options

The 7th Clock

2»

Comments

• Options
    Julian,

Thanks for your advice and certainly you have spot on the main problem of mine: diverting attention to something which may not yield the ultimate quality that I am pursuing.

I believe the value added by AE\'s crew worths a lot more than the price that they are asking for their gears. You will never come be \'pressed\' or \'hardsold\' on certain products. AE knows I am a cable freak so never have I been advised to use the clocklink and lazy me, I seldom used it when I was still having the Zanden5000Sig. The clocklink is a bit \'lean\' and \'sterile\' but I am not sure if Tuner can really tweak the room to fill in the gap. Let\'s see.

When will your Zanden combo arrive? What system does it replace? Can you share more on what triggers you to make such replacement?

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel,

Jlam says arrive October. I use Kalista transport, the spaceship from France (voy, I invent the name for you!), the C2A dac. I was fair happy. My wife is a frequent concert goers. She forced me to go. I go moer and more and become not happy with my sound. The string is very mechanical and not soft. The system sound very forceful.

I got a chance to visit tuner. Perspective changed, I mean very big change. i went there a few more times include one time with my wife. Both of us think this is the live sound that we like.

The heritage is state of the art, very expensive. I like the Zanden transport. Tuner treated my room, take care some problem but the Kalista is not natural sounding. It maybe very subjective. I don\'t know too much and not a high hand like you. But my wife agrees tuner home is the best she listened.

My wife say yes, so everything easier. At the end of day, I consume a musical experience. I don\'t like compare gears. I just want relax by music.

Julian
  • Options
    Julian,

I heard the Kalista mating with Heritage DAC in another set up recently. That room is also acoustically tuned with the reasonators and diffusors. I can hear more on the details depicted by the source and at the same time can \'virtually\' relate that to my Zanden+Heritage combo to come up with my perceived difference between the Kalista and Zanden transports. I believe you have made the right choice and the Zanden tube DAC is one of the least colorated tube gear that I have ever heard, still compared to Heritage, a slim mist on the midrange seems more apparent.

Years back, I had listened to Kalista/C2A numerous times in Tuner\'s setup. A combo giving very dynamic, big picture and sweaty type of sonical representation but the softness and vividness on the strings and vocal are somewhat blurred to my ears.

When my Zanden comes back and hopefully with the Syren preamp half way burnt in, please feel free to come and have an audition.

Marvel