Skip to content
Options

Tron Seven LineStage

Tron recently features in the prestigious Robb report has created a more affordable tube linestage called the Seven. Tron is the beloved choice of Marvel bro and Voy R in our community. Ask them should you guys have any enquiries about the sonics of Tron.

Comments

• Options
    Marvel兄,請問 "蒼"是咩料?我知AE做的一定是堅野,你可否講講它的特性?

在下英語水平不高,你可否用中文回答?我不想查字典。謝謝
  • Options
    Fat gor,

I try to cut and paste some comments by Graham Tricker about his Tron Syren preamp:

"There is a slight delay my end but you should have the Syren by the end of this week or early next week.  Many Kxxdx M7x users here in the UK were shocked after listening to the Syren.  As you know, the quality of component in the syren is second to none, and these fine components are always out of stocks.  Even when they are in, I still need to find match pairs.  If these are not match with 0.01% deviation, I will not use them.  They become useless.  That is why it is so time consuming and costly to build one syren.  The listening test is also very long because pure silver wound transformers need long burn in time.  I am a long waiting queue till second quarter next year."

Another fact I would like to share with you is that Tron Syren has been designed using Avantgarde Trio Horn speaker which is 108db sensitive. For a tube preamp mating with such a high sensitivity speaker, any slightest noise or discrepancy could be heard like viewing from a microscope. If it passes the QA, which I am sure it does, it is a very 'quiet' piece of tube preamp that you can find.

Tron Seven preamp, if built in the same design philosophy and stringent measures, will be a very good piece. The only downside is GBP is rising so ...

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel兄,我個仔話你冇答我問題,佢話內容沒有講"蒼"的聲音特性,只有一些關於製造的過程。
  • Options
    Fat gor,

Sorry. I don't have the 'Chinese' capability at the time of the above reply but I was thinking to give you some background and then when I returned home last night, I can use my Chiinese writing pad to work something out. Plan is always made to be forfeited. I was engaged in a weekly late night teleconference call...enough excuse. Sorry.

Sonical performance of Tron Syren preamp in my system can be comfortably described as fast, dynamic but tonally rich with harmonic details. This is not entirely easy. In many gears that one finds as 'fast', 'speedy', it is always at the expense of lacking in body and harmonic decays. Some may even get 'pale' in depicting the tonality and timbre. With Tron Syren, everything is in the right speed and rhythm and you cannot find any 'time shift', 'phase shift' resulting in blurring of the soundstage and musical soundwaves.

We talked about the 'leading edge' of this Tron Syren will exceedingly fast and has become one of its signature strength in another thread echoing Srajan's view in his 6moons review. I understand later on (though not verified with the actual gears) that the Tron Cantata power amp will compliment and supplement such characteristics and one won't find it having such a strong emphasis on the leading edge when pairing up with the power amp of its own brand.

In its outright, Tron Syren serves me very very well in both the phono stage and line stage and it really sits on the very top of the list of all the preamp that I have used and listened.

Marvel
  • Options
    什麼叫leading edge? 可否用中文解繹?
  • Options
    Fat gor,

If I may use an analogy to explain what is leading edge.

Assuming you put a finger on the top of a frying pan. If I turn on the fire beneath the pan, you will feel hot as a matter of a few seconds, right? Also after I turn off the fire, you will still feel the heat after may be 10-20 seconds.

So, fire is the musical signal , frying pan is the preamp, ie the means. For a means with a fast leading edge, it means you can feel the heat faster in one 'frying pan' than the other. If we talk about the 'harmonic tail', in our analogy, that would mean how long you will still feel the heat after the fire has been turned off. In an ideal 'frying pan', one would want a very fast transmission of the heat to the finger once the fire is turned on and for the heat to be hanging around for a reasonable while and more heat is immediately felt when the frying pan is set on fire again.

In the same analogy, for some less than ideal 'frying pan', one may feel the heat comes too slow or disappear too fast or vice versa.

In the case of Tron Syren, the 'heat' comes really fast so that I can hear the burst of energy in a very synchronous way when the music starts to rise and fall rhythmically. That is why I meant by 'leading edge' speed. Hopefully I have not confused you further. You are welcome to bring along your current 'frying pan' to my place for a comparison if that helps and not significantly inconvenient to you.

Marvel
  • Options
    真的不太明白
  • Options
    Fat gor, sorry to have caused more confusions. May be a home audition would be nice for us to chat through this interesting topic. PT can arrange a time convenient to both of us.

Look forward to meeting you.
    Marvel