Skip to content
Options

Cessaro horn loudspeakers an audiophile journeys end

A thoughtful and well written review, you must report on the 211, if you decise to go ahead! Very best wishes, Keith.

Comments

• Options
    My taste is different from Mr.Zanden. I prefer 300B to the 800 tube family for the sake of ultimate transparency and refinement. The wavac's interstage transformer coupling design has tremendous driving power for just 10watt.
  • Options
    Very nice built! bad news to me is the 10watt work better on high effecency speaker.
  • Options
    PT,

When can I come listed to the Wavac/Cessaro? It'll be very interesting for me..... coming from a 300B/Horn background (also TAD driver!) I am eager to hear what the state-of-the-art setup sounds like.... I have high expectations!
  • Options
    And oh, is the speaker cable in the photo the special version of SMR EE?
  • Options
    My father listened to the setup last night. He dosen't like to put the amp on the carpet. The previous pair of power amps was on SRA and so the kind of subtle transient quality was not there. The leading edge of notes are damaged by the carpet, the four feet of EC300B has soft insulating material already. We rolled the carpet up and put the EC300B on floor and listened for 30 minutes. Speed of leading edges comes back but we can hear the floor vibration sound now. That's why it is painful when you know what the SRA does to the sound.

Just like what you mentioned to me that the sound is amazing after your Kondo Ongaku completely coupled to the SRA. Right now, I feel I can always feel the presence on the amp colliding against the floor or overabsorption in the presence of a carpet. Being a SRA user, you'd feel the same too when you are here.

Because I know my system well and so I can easily isolate this deficiency. Still to be fair and honest, I am very contended with the setup now. I know how it will develop after the arrival of SRA, which in my opinion is a must have item for amplifier.

I don't want to fail you, Mat. Better wait after the Ohio XL+2 arrive. This time, I got the glossy WHITE, great match with the Champagne gold of the wavac.