The 16 inch bass module
  • Options
    Some of the Parts
  • Options
    Ready to assemble the bass module
  • Options
    Not an easy job. It took 4 four strong men to lift it up
  • Options
    I have had a great honour to have the designer of the Cessaro speaker, Mr Ralph visiting me last night. We chatted widely on all topics surrounding the room acoustics, various gears, vinyl, amp matching with speakers, SET, 300B, 845 tubes, a big big lesson for me learnt from Ralph with a very sharp pair of ears.

Ralph is very familiar with my vinyl set up as he personally has the Raven turntable and listened to Syren before. One thing he is not particularly familiar with is the Baldur powre amp although he also comes from Germany. At the end of our discussion, he also praised highly on the amp which put me into relief!

I asked a lot about the 'what if' situation in housing the big (entry level indeed) Cessaro and he gave me a lot of comfort in assuring me that I can (I in fact wish him to give me discount rather than comfort). Although I only listened once the Cessaro speaker in AE's showroom, the realism and charisma bought from the horn speaker when playing orchestral music has been most impressive. I am longing to visit Mr. Zanden who is the 2nd lucky owner of such marvelous piece in HK. I know Yamada san is also in town with Mr. Zanden so this week is really a 'road show' of all the masters behind the scene.

An opportunity to talk to the designer was also given to me in 2006 with Thomas from TW Acoustics. I feel I am not just a consumer, I am more engaged in the design of these products, the science and passion behind. My heartfelt thanks to AE to make this happen!!

Marvel
  • Options
    Marvel bro, when are yours due? If the german tank is not a problem, that's easy. Save money on the Tron 211. I know these horns are crazy speakers. It looks so damn cool.
  • Options
    Marvel, it's time for the ultimate upgrade. You can completely forget the amp issue now.
  • Options
    For Marvel, the problem may be he cannot change speakers anymore after the Cessaro. I enjoy all the photos of Cessaro setup. It's quite involving. My desire is burning too!
  • Options
    I believe Marvel Big Brother has quietly made up his mind, if he hasn't placed the order already.
  • Options
    Mr. Zanden,

Wouldn't it be interesting to see how well 211 can drive the Cessaro? Interested in a match up of Ongaku to the Alpha One?
  • Options
    What a crowd here! The sonic of the 300b is tremendous but I doubt the Tron cantata can drive the 16 inch bass well. The Kondo ongaku with 211 tube could be a good match. The Zanden 845 amp should be tremendously powerful but delicate details of the top end and fine texture of the midrange may not be as pleasing as the 300B.

MatthewC, you are quite right. The 211 is interesting tube for this horn.

Marvel, you have nothing to worry. No more amp-phobia.
  • Options
    I am sure he had quietly placed order.
  • Options
    Order for the Cessaro has not been placed as this is a big project for me but I am getting more confidence and having a much better understanding on the design of the Cessaro speakers. Realising the positioning and matching with my power amp should not be an issue, I think there is no obstacle for me to go ahead. When my pocket is ready, all brothers here will be celebrating together me in using this marvelous piece.

Mr. Zanden and Yamada san gave their endorsement on this speaker as well. So Marvel has no excuse...

(picture showing Yamada san upgrading the i2s interface for me personally in my home today)
  • Options
    We look forward to Marvel's Cessaro. What wood finish of yours?