Skip to content
Options

Marvel, which sacd player is yours?

You mentioned in this forum about a sacd player. What is it? I saw pictures of your system use best dac in the world, zanden, heritage dac, I wonder which sacd player can stay in your home. To my untrained ears, all sacd players are more hype than quality.

If Marvel uses a sacd player side by side with your state of the art source, it must be good. Can you tell me a bit more?

Alan

Comments

• Options
    Hi, Alan,

Although I have not heard the EmmLab CDSD/DCC2 (Signature version), I believe it should be very good. I once listend to EmmLab CDSD/DCC2 briefly with Esoteric P03-D03, my impression to EmmLab changed quite a bit although its transport still doesn\'t give me the kind of comfort for a ultimate end type of build. Afterall, the whole package deal is very attractive.

I am using AudioAero Presitage SACD, on SACD playback and given the price range, I think it is a very good deal.

Marvel
  • Options
    I wish I have so much money like you. I believe Prestige player good at the price point but why waste the money on a player which is not state of the art? Everything in your home is the top of the top end range.

I want to buy the EE spk cable. I decide to go into the vinyl interest. I am waiting the delivery of the da vinci arm.

Do you have experience with this arm? What is your LP system?
  • Options
    Hi, Alan,

In fact I am planning to buy another hi-end SACD: Goldmund36A which I think is a relatively attractive bargain given it inherits the strength of Eidos Reference, taking away the somewhat unwanted video portion (at least for audiophiles like us).

EE Speaker cable, certainly is the best that I have ever used. The difference between SMR and SMR EE is quite noticeable and if you have a chance to listen to SMR speaker cable, imagine SMR EE is a \'boundary-less\' SMR.

I have not yet ventured into LP as I think I am not ready for it at the moment. What Turntable are you using? AC Raven?

Marvel
  • Options
    I am using clearaudio maximum solution turntable. If I heard the raven ac beforehand, I would not buy it. What can I do now?

But the da vinci arm is such an art?

Why waste money on sacd? They sound pretty bad. That player is very expensive. I would go to the vinyl directly. You are more experience than me. Just my 2 cents, dont waste money on sacd.
  • Options
    Marvel, I agree with Alan. With your experience, don\'t waste money on sacd. It dose not give you better sound, waste you money, space, and time. Go to vinyl.
  • Options
    Thanks Jeff, let me experience the Syren preamp first and perhaps the built in phono amp would trigger me to go for it. Piano Tuner always advises me to make LP another source but not necessarily the main source.

By the way, what rack are you using Jeff? I tried the Reference Feet of the Acoustics System beneath the power supply of the 2000P and compare to the plastic feet of Zanden, Reference Feet gives a clearer contour without taking away any of the details and ambience. PianoTuner tried it in-between the 2 chasis of the Heritage DAC and according to him, it removes the last trace of metallic feel thus making the Heritage even more perfect than before. Not expensive but extremely well designed and effective stuff.

Marvel
  • Options
    How good are those feet?
  • Options
    like my net.name: Marvelous.

You have the Zanden power supplies and they all have the plastic feet and incidentally their chasis are not as good as their main unit, right? I am ordering 2 sets, one for the 2000P power supply and the other one in-between the 2 chasis of the Heritage DAC.